Friday, July 19, 2013

What happens at Gramma's....

My Vexie with her Vexie
I love when then day ends on such an incredible note! I will admit that I absolutely love being a Gramma!!  My Granddaughter is my mini-me, we are both August babies, we have the same temperament, we love to have time together, and she just makes me so happy!

She loves to cook, craft, play games, play in the garden with me, go camping and on trips with us.  She is, in my opinion, perfect!!

For anyone that isn't a gramma yet, just wait!  Oh I love my children to distraction, grand babies are simply different, with my children I will always be their parent.  We have transitioned to friends, yet I always catch myself being mom.  With my sweetie, I simply get to love!  She doesn't give me reasons to have to correct her, where she would give mom fits, she sits quietly for me. 

Last night she was reading the signs on my kitchen wall... "Trust me the Cat did it" and "Trust me the Dog did it"... to which she replied, "they are both liars, the Child did it!"  I absolutely lost it!!  It was so unexpected and ironic that it made me laugh. 

I know she can read, she is a little smarty pants and is always looking for something new to read and learn.  Shoot, Grampa and I gave her a Nook when she was 4, so much easier to give her books and educational games that way.  But for her little 6, almost 7, year old brain to piece it together that way and come up with a reply... Priceless....

Later sitting and watching "SpongeBob SquarePants" (uggghhhh brain drain...) she is telling me that she can't wait for school to start because she is lonely.  Evidently, her one new friend where she lives isn't allowed to play anymore, darn overprotective parents, kids play...  so anyhow... I was teasing her about needing a brother or sister and she said "yep... Mom needs to go to the orphanage and get me one!" While that showed great thought, it was what happened next that had me laughing... Grampa said "she's going to get a used kid?" to which she replied "yep, Mom likes used stuff, she goes to thrift stores all the time..." I was almost crying!!  Grampa spent time in an orphanage growing up so he wasn't being insensitive, he was playing with her.  There was a sparkle in his eyes as he said it... the fact that little bit had an answer was great!

Writing her memoirs...

In a bit she is going to wake up, I promised her that we would make a gooey butter cake - her current favorite - together.  Maybe we will make some noodles she really wants to do that, but I am not sure I have enough time...Then we will decide what else the morning will hold and what her plans are for the rest of the day.  I have a bit of time before I go in to work, it's my duty weekend, so I am going to love on her and spoil her rotten, simply because I can!

Good Morning Sunshine!

There is a reason they say what happens at Gramma's house stays at Gramma's house...


No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...