Monday, July 29, 2013

Grumpy Monday Mornings... uggghhh...

Grrruuuummmppppyyyyyy!!  That perfectly describes my Monday morning mood...  I think it is a hold over from meeting the new neighbor (well sort of) this weekend, maybe it's the two phone calls from work before 6:30 am when I work late, or the fact that I am going to have to hurry to beat the rain to mow the grass when I feel so awesome (note the sarcasm there)... I am really not sure, but... I need to find happy before I hurt something....

Hubby and I have been down to our place in the country a lot lately, while we are showing it, more than we've had time to stay down there in a couple of years. 

I have evidently developed a nasty allergy to something down there and within thirty minutes I am toast.  I have no idea what it is, seems the only place I am not affected is in the car with all windows rolled up... this alone is strong enough of a reason for me to be content with it gone.  Not a fan of swollen itchy eyes and trouble breathing.  Ick!! And I don't have the problems up here, so it's got to be something there... Oak trees??  Who knows...

I haven't actually met the new neighbor, the one that had me concerned earlier in the year, but I can tell you flat out, I do not like him!  Hubby met him.  I stayed away, I have a bit of a temper and when you block my access to my property and act like I am inconveniencing you... well... lets just say my Momma taught me if you don't have anything nice to say...

I saw him at the end of the drive while he was talking to hubby and I am always the first person to give you the benefit of the doubt.  In my mind I will come up with a thousand reasons for you doing something mean, selfish or just plain rude... I had already decided that he simply hadn't realized that anyone would be coming out.  Seemed like a nice enough fella, he and hubby chatted for a bit, he apologized for blocking the drive, etc...

Yesterday, was a completely different story.  We pulled up yesterday and yet again the drive was blocked, he didn't offer to move his stuff until after everyone was out of their vehicles and walking up the drive.  Okay, well maybe he was busy... I get it...

Next his dog comes running up.  I love dogs, I would have dozens if I could, but I am not a fan of a big dog running up to me without an owner around.  Ends up he's sweet as can be, but he was soaking wet.  Evidently the sweet, pretty boy loves to swim.  His owner on the other hand needs to be on a leash.  I could see him on his four wheeler a fair distance away, at no point did Mr. Owner even whistle or call his dog back.  He watched me trying to get him to leave, I had no idea how the folks looking at the property felt about big dogs, considering he was bigger than their toddler and shaking water on everyone. 

I finally convinced the pup to go back at least a bit of a ways to their property.  A huge red flag rising in my mind.  Even if we do not sell the property this is going to create huge usage issues for us.  Neeko and Gator are not really friendly to strange dogs, they do not want them in their pack, and males are definitely not welcome.  As Mr. Owner is such a great pet owner, it will cause us immense stress having the boys in the country. He made no effort to keep his dog under voice command or in his own area.  grrrr  number 2....

The folks looking wanted to see the lake, the view is better from the end of the cul de sac.  Mr. Owner informed them not so nicely that they were trespassing as he owned the cul de sac... ummmm no.... that is what is referred to as a common ground road, read your by-laws. 

Leaving yesterday, lots of evil thoughts were in my mind, I am not a mean person by nature, and I was still trying to make excuses for his behavior. But I was thinking lots of evil stuff.  Hubby stopped by the office to verify that he did not own the cul de sac, as the implications of that were going to make accessing our property impossible. No he doesn't... but the fact that they apologized to hubby and told him the guy is a real jerk, kind of made my skin crawl.

It's not a paradise any longer. I have ugly neighbors where I live now, I simply do not want ugly neighbors where I go to unwind. 

Lets see... Allergies out of control, stress of ugly neighbors, not being able to enjoy the property when there with my boys... yep... it needs to go!!  I actually don't mind when jerks help me make decisions clearly.

Hubby is wanting a new motorcycle, we got rid of his a couple of years ago, his misses it.  I miss some of it too... I miss the wind on my face and the beautiful back roads that we found.  I don't want just any bike this time... I want something comfortable and sturdy.  I don't want a money pit.  So we will see...

For now I need to go look for happy... I have a few hours before I have to go to work... Boy I sure hope that I find it... I need it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...