Saturday, July 20, 2013

a dream up for sale...

Hubby and I have finally made a few decisions.  We've been struggling with whether or not to keep our beautiful paradise in the country...

On Thursday, we listed it for sale.

It was a tough decision, but a smart one.  We both love it there, we love to hide in the quiet and just relax.  No phone, no television, no intrusions, just us time. The problem is that we never seem to ever get down there.  I am not sure what it is... work schedules, the two hour drive (each way), the effort, or the cost of gas.  Whatever it is, we seem to only find time for at least one week and a few weekends a year.  And those are mostly spent redoing the work we have already done on it all.

It is beautiful or it was.  In the past year, several of the lots around us have sold.  People are tearing up the beautiful green and paving over it with rock.  I get it, I don't always like mowing and dealing with the growth, but if I wanted to be surrounded by rock, I wouldn't go to the country - I would stay in the city.

As more trees come down, and more camp lights go up, the peaceful environment has faded away.  Last time we were there, I was awakened from a sound sleep by the rude sound of a bobcat and someone yelling for all they were worth.  Not only did it wake me, it scared me, as hubby had been outside doing some work, and I was terrifed the yells were him injured.


So paradise went up for sale and the first day we had a call on it... we do not have to part with it, so therefore we are not willing to give it up for less than we are asking.  We've asked a fair price...  Hubby is down there right now, I wish I was, but I had to work.  So I am sitting in the city waiting to hear, I hope he didn't end up driving down there for nothing.  The guy was pretty insistant that he was interested, emailing hubby into the late evening... okay night...


Maybe we have sold it, I expected a call by now... or maybe hubby is just enjoying the beauty...

It's bittersweet... although with all the changes around us, I am comfortable with the decision, I am glad we didn't get around to doing a lot of the stuff we had planned. 

It also feels freeing... I love having my little spot of land, that is all mine, I love the area, I love so much about it... but it also causing a strong guilt feeling.  Because I don't have the time to go. I feel torn with all the things we want to do, because I really want to focus on b'longa'b's and I just feel like there are so many things all competing for the few spare hours I have available and I simply can't make it all happen.


One less thing... One less responsibility... I am okay with this decision... I think hubby is too... I just hope the boys are...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...