Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Goodness...

This morning I was in a painful, self-pitying rut.  I was focused on so much that was wrong and that made me sad... that I almost missed all the goodness and beauty of my world.  I managed to miss all the things that were right by focusing on the wrong.

I guess most of us do that.  I am so blessed and I completely missed it all, almost...

Oh my neck still hurts... I will make an appointment with the chiropractor on Monday... but my spirit feels healed...

My sister was kind enough to give me advice... Ice... that isn't helping, so I will try heat.  But she cared enough to suggest it.

Sweet hubby... oh my sweet hubby... he always has a cheerful bit to answer my tears and frustration.  Not only does he always have my back, always tries to bring me happiness in the depths of what I perceive as darkness and despair. He always does something incredibly sweet to make me happier, today he ran a few errands and set up the printer to wi-fi... little things, but things that make my world easier and help me.

And then my dear friend... she might not realize it, but her call... it made a ton of difference.  She didn't have to call.  She didn't have to take time to check on me. She and her son both had plenty in their world to deal with today.  Rescuing kittens to dealing with a tragic loss... and yet both of them thought to call me.  Just to make sure I was alright.  The crack in my mood was turned into a large shattering....

Often I forget the great things in the midst of the disheartening... I broke my phone, struggled to get all my work done, didn't have enough time to visit my other sister when she was here, hurt my neck, and seem to always be pulling the short straw lately... that was my focus...

Those three things... tilted that view...I also was able to have a great conversation with a team member (that hopefully made a difference), I am getting a new phone, my co-workers gave me the greatest card to thank me... for doing my job, because that is all I was doing, but it felt so good to be appreciated!  Got to see the fireworks so many times, watched a fun movie with my son, got to rest, finished up a work project without being stressed... talked to friends,  saw two of my sisters, saw all our kids in the course of a few days, spent a day dreaming with hubby, lots of great things and I almost blinked and missed them focusing on the negative...

Thank you all for helping me refocus... I needed it!  Now dear friend, know I am sending prayers for healing to you both, unending love to my dear hubby and sweet son, and the wish for joy and happiness to the rest... thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...