Monday, April 8, 2013

Nom, Nom!

Nom! Nom!
Another morning that is starting way too early!  Gonna be a long and busy one today.  Hubby and I have to head south in an hour or so.  Today is the Cards retreat at Trout Lodge.  For a day and a half, we get the opportunity to go to one of the most beautiful places in southeastern Missouri and sit in seminars staring out the window at the beauty.

Normally it is quite a painful venture, but today it should be just fine sitting inside and looking out.  It started storming last night just was we brought the last cooler in and is supposed to continue until Wednesday.  So actually, traveling from event to event is going to be soggy and gross.  Oh well, can't win them all.

Yesterday ended up perfect!  Hubby's party was so much fun.  I am not a party person, I struggle with planning and running them.  It's usually pretty overwhelming for me, but this time it was fun.  I can't say it was the best decorated party.  But everyone seemed to have a good time and most importantly, hubby did! 

The weather was amazing!  Low 70's is always where I prefer it and just enough cloud cover to make it not such a sunburn risk.  I would say it was just perfect.

I had asked a friend to make the cake, this woman is amazing and really should be doing this strictly as a career!  Not only is she creative, they are always fun, beautiful and absolutely delicious!  I didn't have a lot to go on when asking her to bake the cake, hubby isn't particularly picky on flavors - only strong requirement was that it include sugar.  I would definitely say it included sugar!  Chocolate cake, chocolate icing smothered with piles of chocolate/chocolate cake balls!  It was a sugar rush in the extreme!  And he loved it!
Grampa giving Ava the first cake ball from his cake!
 Horseshoes, BBQ, good friends, loving family, laughter, cake, sunshine and silliness.  An all around great time!  Now it is time to get ready to head to a soggy retreat.  I have plenty of snacks to share with folks tonight!
Oh no!  Double Trouble!

2 comments:

  1. After dope-ing up on allergy meds, I am super glad that I was included in the festivities for a super guy.He truly looked as if he had a good time.Bosslady as usual you were awesome. cool party,extra cool food,friends,family and beautiful cake. The park was fantastic. What we got planned nextThank you and "Happy Birthday" ole pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, I am so glad you came! I had a great time myself! We will have to plan more fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...