Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Byes...

Seems today is full of them.

Some are temporary, like one of my staff leaving to chase new dreams.  I am sure I will talk to her and run into her in different circles.  She is just no longer going to be someone I see and talk to every day.  I will miss her.  The smiles, laughter, fun were simply a small part of it.  I loved knowing that I had someone working with me that I knew would be professional and proficient in her job skills.  I am happy for her that she has found something that will allow her more freedom and professional growth. But good byes even temporary are sometimes hard.

For my sweet sister, the good bye was more permanent.  One of her furbabies left for the rainbow bridge today. Unexpected and suddenly. In my family, like many, they are true parts of our family and the pain is unreal.  I wish I could be there to hug her, I know how painful it is.

I hope she reads this today and knows I love her and I know how much she will miss Molly B...For you Trisha... Hugs and prayers for you!

Treasured Friend


I lost a treasured friend today

The little dog who used to lay

Her gentle head upon my knee

And shared her silent thoughts with me.


She’ll come no longer to my call

Retrieve no more her favourite ball

A voice far greater than my own

Has called her to his golden throne.


Although my eyes are filled with tears

I thank him for the happy years

He let her spend down here with me

And for her love and loyalty.


When it is time for me to go

And join her there, this much I know

I shall not fear the transient dark

For she will greet me with a bark.


Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...