Wednesday, November 24, 2021

treasure the moments...

Oh my goodness, my heart and bucket are filled to over-flowing right now! It was another early day, but for a far better reason than the ones before, at least in my world. I was blessed to spend time with one of my dear friends.  She always fills my heart with joy and it was wonderful!  We used to deliberately have lunch once a month without fail.  That changed with all of the chaos of shutdowns, etc... but we still get together whenever possible.  I haven't been blessed to see her since around May or June, not sure which... it's just been so long!!!

coffee while waiting on my friend...

When she reached out last week my heart soared, I have far more time than she does, which means I have been praying to see this wonderful woman for a minute. I was crazy excited to go and have breakfast, I am sure if Hubs hadn't needed the truck that I would still be sitting there, holding a space at the restaurant and enjoying the time with her over lingering cups of coffee.  Instead of drinking a cold cup here at home in my cozy chair. 

I don't often get to spend time with people that get me in my fullest measure of uniqueness, she not only gets it, understands it, but walks the path too.  I treasure time spent like that.  

I drove home lost in thought with my heart filled to the max, I needed that moment in time. Hanging out with members of my tribe fill my heart.


I didn't write yesterday, I was simply in a strange place, the world felt far to distant and I was wrapped up in my project and didn't feel like being a part of the world.  I was awake at 3:15 am to get Hubs ready for work and couldn't get back to sleep.  So I stayed awake and silent.  I was deeply engrossed in my project, it is coming along so wonderfully, and I couldn't bare to do anything not related to it. Trust me, the house looks like it too. 

I couldn't help but feel like the world was on fire yesterday, maybe not in a bad way, maybe in a cleansing way.  As I was walking to the kitchen to refill my coffee cup the sun was starting to rise.  The entire world shone a beautiful deep red orange.  It was breathtaking.  To the point that I found myself on the deck in my pj's in 28 degree weather attempting to capture it.  I should have known there was no way the beauty could be contained in pixels. It was just not meant to be preserved except in my mind and heart.  Today's sunrise was beautiful, but completely different.  The radiance and feeling were simply not there, it was calm and watercolor soft.  

I believe I needed yesterday to reset, to pause myself and take stock of everything.  Today has been a completely different day.  I was thoughtful and reflective yesterday, I was planning in my head as my needles slid in and out of my work.  I didn't have the energy to people at all.  I was lost in the mist of the day.  A lot of it was probably exhaustion from pacing with Hubs' schedule.  I am not someone that easily naps or goes back to sleep once awake.  I crashed by 7:30 last night, I am fairly certain I didn't fully wake until the alarm went off at 5:15 this morning. 

Today, I am ready to tackle the world.  I'm getting ready to make some pies for tomorrow and of course work on my project.  I already got to experience the joy of friendship, on top of the joy of feeling like an adult.  For the first time since July I drove somewhere, by myself.  Granted I had to take Hubs' truck, but as it is the only vehicle we have it couldn't be helped. I am still super comfortable with my decision to not replace my car. 

I guess I need to get busy.  I decided at the last minute that I needed to make a Keto stuffing for Hubs and I for tomorrow, so I need to get a batch of bread made that I can use.  And Hubs feels that another batch of the peanut butter fudge would be a great addition to any plans that I have, we'll see if that happens, he still has some left and the day is getting a bit long in the tooth. It was worth it.  Time with friends, Hubs and talking to both girls and the boy, I would say it's been a successful day...

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...