Friday, November 19, 2021

the project...

I'm totally and completely out of sync lately.  And I love it! Even if it is stressing me out a bit, just because when I have things that I am working on I feel like I must complete them in a linear order.  It isn't happening.  In fact, other than the project that I am currently wrapped up in, nothing is happening. 

I knew when the box arrived on Tuesday that I would struggle with waiting.  As soon as I ran my fingers over the yarn at hand, I was mesmerized, I couldn't wait to see what it would look like.  I balled a skein up within the hour.  As I was winding it, the plan was already forming in my head.  I was bargaining with myself.  Maybe just a couple of hours an evening, the rest of the time would be dedicated to the other projects, housework, being an adult. 


I did great on Tuesday, I literally only worked on the project for two hours.  I put it up and went to bed.  That is when the obsession happened.  When I knew it wasn't going to be put down for any length of time until it was finished.  As I was drifting off to sleep I was thinking about it, it was in my dreams and the first thing in the morning I wanted to start again.  It didn't matter that I had chores to complete, my blog to write, my exercises to complete, I simply wanted to work on it. 

Honestly, I've been trying to process how long it will take me to complete it and if I can get the rest of my list done before Christmas at this rate.  Truthfully, I believe I will be just fine.  Best guess, this will take me about a total of 9 or 10 days.  Luckily, the rest of the things I am working on need far less time, usually a few hours to a whole day.  I've got this... 

I have to see this through.  I am under a spell. 

Hubs and I got up super early this morning to go out and see the lunar eclipse.  It was so pretty, and such a beautiful red in the coldness of the night air.  I have to admit that I love he will do these rather insane things with me.  It's the first one of it's kind in over 450 years, I mean seriously that's even more than a once in a lifetime event, it must be enjoyed. 


I wish my phone would have captured a clearer picture, it simply couldn't compete with the brightness that remained of it. We enjoyed it from the front yard for a short while, but decided we'd rather enjoy it away from all of the light pollution.  Armed with our hot coffee and lots of layers we drove west a few miles out of the city lights and sat together and watched it pass while talking about all kinds of things.  Particularly current events. 

Since Hubs had an early day, I halfheartedly attempted to do a few chores, nope I didn't get far.  The siren call of my project bag dragged me back in.  Instead of tidying my currently very untidy home, I spent two hours watching my project take shape before my eyes.  

It's going to be a long two weeks at this rate.... I love that I am in a place and time that allows for this manic behavior.  Hubs is kind enough to understand that I am deeply engrossed and is not fussing overly much about the cleanliness or the lack of consistent meals.  I am trying to make sure those aren't interrupted, not incredibly successfully. But... oh well. 

As the sun is popping over the horizon, I am going to dive deeper into my project.  If you don't hear from me for a few days... know it's because I just can't stop... 

love and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...