Thursday, November 4, 2021

setting intentions...

Hello new moon!  Today is the day to get those intentions set, to determine what you want to manifest during this moon cycle.  I always love the deep richness of the sky during this time, and honestly would love to be down at the campground staring into the blanket of stars, with the only thing missing being the light pollution of the city. 

This is the time to dream big.  Don't worry about the what's and the how's... worry about setting that goal! What do you want to accomplish?  What focus do you want the universe to step in and help you achieve? Because my friends words are very powerful and you will get what you ask for, so be careful what you ask for. 

For most of my life I have strongly felt "what you think about you bring about", I never really gave much thought to why I felt that way, I just did.  I have made that simple line my mantra for as long as I can actually remember. Like it was programmed into my subconscious and I had no idea how it got there. 

From where I am now, I realize it is vitally important.  If you ask the universe for something, which you do when you speak, you will get what you are asking for.  Stop and think about it for a moment. Do you focus on abundance or lack of abundance?  What do you worry about?  Do you simply assume that all of your needs will be met and work from that point forward?  Or do you worry about where the next dollar is coming from and stress over the lack of what you need?  

Well?  I know that every reading I have my guides stress that I need to stop worrying about abundance, it is something I struggle with.  I am a worrier by nature.  But when I think back on my life, there has never been a time where I needed to worry.  I am choosing to no longer worry.  I am choosing to live my best life.

I might not have been wealthy, but I have always had everything I have needed in life.  It's all about perspective also.  

What do you truly need? Not what do you want, but what do you need. 

My focus for this cycle of the moon is going to be heavily on health and abundance.  It will also be heavy on being grateful for all that I have in my life.  And not just the tangible objects. 

Right now I am listening to jazz music and the sounds of a meal being prepped.  I came downstairs to a beautiful fire, hot coffee and a clean kitchen.  I have so much in my life that blesses me daily.  I have a husband that is truly a life partner.  He doesn't leave everything for me, he values me and treats me as someone that he values.  We can talk about literally anything.  I am truly blessed. 

I have friends that I know I can reach out to, no matter how long it has been since I have seen them, I know that a phone call eliminates time and distance.  Near or far I have a strong support system, people I know that I can rely on when I need them.  I pray they know that I am there for them as well. 

Hubs and I also have a financial abundance, we are not rich.  We have what we need.  My intention is to be grateful for all we have and to thank the universe for bringing opportunities that will allow us to continue to meet our needs. I will continue to take the steps that will launch my self-sufficiency. That will allow us to continue to shift our lives to the reality that we want. 

As I am working on my health journey, I started to say completing it... but I am not so sure it is ever complete, I want to continue to grow stronger and healthier.  

Each morning when I work on my leg exercises I push just a little harder.  Those simple ankle pumps to prevent clots and loosen the muscles have progressed into all of the exercises that I used to do in therapy while trying to avoid knee replacement.  I focus hard on each movement, on bending just a bit more and increasing my range of motion.  

I am currently at just over one mile a day for my focused walk, and I know that doesn't seem like much right now, but considering how far it is from three months ago... I will be walking over two miles by the end of November.  Nothing is getting in my way! I love that my stride is lengthening and I really love that if you don't know me or my journey you cannot even notice the slight hitch I still have in my step, you simply wouldn't even notice!  Onward and Upward!

My knee isn't my only focus, I am very aware of the food I am choosing to nourish my body, thanking the heavens for providing me with what I need.  I avoid the processed crap that is prevalent on our grocery shelves.  Making things from scratch whenever possible.  It takes a bit more time, but a gluten-free cracker from the grocery does not even remotely compare to the flavor and textures of ones made fresh every week.

Speaking of which, before the night time cold temperatures freeze my rosemary I am going to harvest some and make our crackers, I haven't made them in about a week and we are both missing them.  Especially as it is now soup season and they go soooooo good with soup. 

I was on cloud nine last night when I fixed Hubs a yogurt with slivered almonds and the fresh dried cranberries that I prepared.  They were amazing and as he praised the flavor I was thankful I took the time and effort to make them.  I am also making the effort to drink enough water.  

I am focusing on continuing to lose the excess weight that I have carried for far too long.  I have the time and energy now. I am grateful for the blessing to put my own health first.  As the changes I am making will continue to support my long term health. 

There are smaller things that I am setting my intentions on, but those are my big ticket items.  I am asking the universe to support me.  I only want support, I know that the work itself is on me. One cannot simply say "hey universe, I want a million dollars and to be a super model" and not expect to do any work.  For the record, I want neither of those things.  I want/need enough money to live comfortably and have my needs met, to have financial independence and I want/need a healthy and strong body that I can count on to carry me through many, many more years without any health issues and allow me to live my wildest dreams. 

So... are you ready to set your intentions?  Deep down, what is it that you truly want? Are you ready to set your intentions and live your absolute best life?  Now's the time!

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...