Friday, November 26, 2021

lazy days...

Okay, confession time who ate far too much yesterday?  I honestly did not.  I made our yummy additions and had a bit of each, probably more of that amazing cranberry sauce than I needed, but after working all morning on preparing it, I simply didn't want to eat it.  The two glasses of Rolling River Red, well that is a different story.  

As you can guess I am definitely not up and rushing out the door to Black Friday sales either.  That is a big pass from this girl. 

Nope, I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and loving my toasty fire.  I have spent far too much time looking at patterns for presents, like I simply don't have enough projects going on already, yet daydreaming is ruling the morning.  Eventually, I will get showered and dressed and start the day, but for right now I don't wanna!


Yesterday was such an incredible day.  I love cooking so puttering in the kitchen is always a win for me.  Turkey dinner at the eldest's house was wonderful!  We got to enjoy both of our girls and a fairly good number of the grands.  My mini me looked adorable in her black and white stocking cap.  Without any planning the eldest and I were matching and my girl and Hubs both sported the same exact color blue.  We must definitely be in sync with one another.  And top it all off with pictures and chats with the boy and his girl!  Life is definitely good!

For the most part we will be avoiding stores today, I do want to run to the yarn store, I need one more yarn to complete the Christmas projects.  The dragon has requested a sweater.  I have to admit I was a bit surprised, but she was pretty darn insistent.  So Gramma needs to forgo a bit of sleep and make that magic happen. I've gotten mom approval on the color and pattern.  I've got this.  Sleep is for the weak! 

Hubs has a few clocks to finish and deliver, so I know he will be busy as well.  I love seeing him engaged in creating.  I'm still waiting for him to decide he's ready to do some wood working, I found the greatest pattern for Featherweight tables that I want us to make.  I feel it will wait until he retires, he doesn't have much time right now. 

I thought about putting up the tree and decorations today, but honestly, not so sure it will happen.  Maybe tomorrow.  Hubs and I have plans around lunchtime, we are going to meet a girl.  She is so beautiful, with the sweetest eyes, so we will see if she likes us... fingers crossed.  

If all goes well, I will share all of the details tomorrow.  Let's just say she needs somewhere to be loved and well... we have room in our home and hearts. Two of the kids blessed it, one was repulsed (so a perfect score!) you simply can't make a cat lover into a dog lover, no judgement. 

Honestly, I am super excited and can't wait to meet her, so I am basically just trying to distract myself and do busy work all morning.  Killing time.  

If you wouldn't mind, send some great vibes and a few prayers that she likes us, that would be incredible, I do believe it's time... 

love and peace



No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...