Thursday, November 18, 2021

play date...

Not much time to write today.  I've been up for hours, but I have been busy! I asked Hubs to skip my usual fire (I simply cannot help but linger when it is burning bright), I simply had lots to do this morning.  Yesterday was a super lazy day in many ways.  I started on a project that I just couldn't help but getting absolutely lost in, so things needed to be caught up this morning. 

I get to spend the day with my sweet little curly top.  So I made some yummy muffins to share, packed my "play bag", copied the pattern that I am working off of (so I don't need to bring my laptop), packed some snacks - my girl and I definitely do not eat the same things.  Gramma needs to be prepared. 

I was going to walk down, but Hubs and the girl both lost their minds a bit.  Not exactly sure why, it's not even a mile to her house.  Hubs is afraid I will freeze, doubtful, but whatever.  If he wants to drive me, I will let him. 

I woke up this morning to find out I'd missed yet another earthquake, but seems lots of other people felt it.  Ironically, I was awake and sitting in the living room when it happened. Guess there was no damage done anywhere or that would have been blaring on the news. 

I am looking forward to a day of fun with my little one.  It's colder than it's been, but the sun is out, so maybe we will even get a walk in.  She is so full of energy and fire! I can't wait to hear the stories she will tell me today, or what mystical creatures are going to sneak up on us while we play innocently in their living room.  I should actually record her stories, they are so well thought out.  

I made sure to get some extra stretches in this morning, I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with her.  She absolutely loves to play Barbies, sadly Gramma's imagination is not nearly as active nor vibrant and I spend a good bit of time being educated on playing Barbies. 

Maybe we will do a craft project today if she feels like it, my daughter is literally as bad as I am for having art supplies everywhere.  I am so proud that she inherited that from me. 

Well... time is ticking, almost time for my play date!  Have a wonderful day and find the time to bring out your inner child!

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...