Wednesday, November 17, 2021

life through her eyes...

Autumn wonder, a day at it's best.  It was wonderful!  I don't often get days to simply be silly with my little curly top angel, just being Gramma.  It was such a rare and wonderful treat to watch and listen to the world through her view. The original plan was that I would sit with her until she woke up and then we would be helping the daughter do some tasks.  

As things seem to happen lately, the best laid plans... anyhow, my sweetie and I were blessed with a day of fun together.  We had deep conversations, we laughed, she asked a million questions and happily provided me with her well thought out opinions.  I struggle to believe she is only four.  She is wise beyond her years, and you can easily tell that she spends the majority of her time with adults.  

She and I walked through the blowing leaves, played on the path that encircles her backyard, we listened quietly to the sounds of the woods and she made up fanciful tales of the animals that reside there. She even coaxed her Gramma onto the ground to play Barbies, promising that she would figure out how to help me back up if I couldn't do it on my own.  It was the first time since July that I had been able to sit on the ground and play with her.  It was wonderful!

Yesterday was also a day of changes in the progression of my healing.  It marked fourteen weeks, although that wasn't the milestone, it was simply a day.  The milestones were with stairs and hills.  I didn't even think about it as I climbed the stairs with smoothies in both hands, to visit with Hubs while he got ready for work.  I just climbed, one foot in front of the other, no hands on the rails.  I was half way up before I realized what I was doing.  Just minding my business, climbing stairs like the majority of people do. A bit later leaving a coffee shop, happily chatting away I stepped down two stairs in the same manner.  I didn't lead with my healing leg, I just stepped down. Not as easy, admittedly a bit clumsily, but I did it without pain. 

Admittedly, I was already in a state of giddiness when I got to enjoy life through the eyes of my sweet little one, so all together it was a day with a bow on it!




Spending time with loved ones is so important.  Even the littlest ones have so much to contribute to the rhythm of the day.  Our curly top is head strong, she is deeply opinionated, she struggles to control her emotions which can fly any which way at any time.  She is full of joy, excitement, deep feelings and an imagination that is vivid and colorful.  She is kind and gentle when the mood strikes, her heart is full of love and compassion. And oh those dimples!  Especially when she is up to pure mischief.


I remember those kind of days with her older sister.  Our sweet angel face.  I miss those days and I have longed for time with the little one.  Yesterday was a pure blessing, I am hoping for more of those days.  I might get to spend tomorrow with her if her Dad isn't available.  Is it terrible that I hope he is busy and cannot spend the day with her.  I mean, I know he loves her too and doesn't get to see her as often as he would like, but this Gramma loves spending time with that little ball of pure energy.  She pushes me to expand my own thoughts and to absorb her energy.  We'll see. My fingers are crossed.



Today, I will catch up on tasks I eagerly pushed aside for those moments.  I will work on projects and I might even start writing out my holiday recipe cards!  The cards I bought for them arrived late Monday.  I am super excited about this little project.  So many of my friends have said they wish to participate. I figure if I write out a couple of them a day, by Thanksgiving I should have plenty of them ready. Who knows I might even tidy the house a bit today. 

Find time to spend with loved ones.  Gather them close.  Make memories that will last forever.  Have silly conversations (even with the littlest ones), giggle at the silly and be willing to wear the wig designed from strings of yarn.  Your life will be richer for the experience, your heart will be fuller and your soul will soar to the heavens in joy... I promise...

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...