Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mixology...

Tom & Jerry what a great way to wake up!

Today will be a complete mix of all the parts of my life... one would think it would have me stressed  out, surprisingly I am looking forward to it.  I am excited to face this day, not only does it bring me one day closer to a holy three day weekend, it also lets me blend many of the things I love to balance the few that I detest.

I have spent the morning being a domestic goddess, tidying my incredibly neglected house always brings me back to center.  I don't have time to really dig down into any of the projects, but I do have the time to clean the surfaces and make it feel welcoming.  Laundry is almost done, kitchen doesn't look abandoned, and I even vacuumed.  I know that last one is such a shock!  I hate to vacuum, might be why the majority of my house is not carpeted.  I love carpeting, I hate cleaning it! All of Neeko's recycling has been cleaned up, he is not thrilled about it, he will survive, not to mention create more. And I felt the need for a coffee break before my angel baby arrives!

Neeko stressed out that all his recycling is gone!
I am also going to squeeze in some time to work on preparing the t-shirts for the quilt I will hopefully finish this weekend.   One of my youngest nephews is graduating high school this spring and my sister asked me to make one.  From the number of shirts I have, I am fairly certain this will be a double sided quilt.

So excited that Ava is going to spend a bit of time with me this morning.  Nothing make me smile quicker than spending time with her.  I have no idea what we will do, but some of the time will have to be spent getting ready for work.  My guess is she is going to want to veg out in front of the TV.  Mommy and Ava are currently without TV and she loves a bit of time to watch her silly shows.  And I am really ok with her vegging if that is what makes her happy.  She's on Spring break and should be able to relax a bit.

Even Snug had to tell Ava good morning!

My work day will start off celebrating the St. Louis Police Officers, until a few months ago I employed 5 of them and I want to go and see them.  St. Louis has a bit of a reputation and I promise our officers earn their pay.  I want them to feel appreciated. It is a celebration that I am looking forward to.  Not the bland chicken dinner I am sure they will serve, but the opportunity to appreciate those guys and gals that take such good care of us should never be missed.

The day will probably go downhill for a bit after that, there are some pressing matters at work that I need to deal with.  And frankly I don't want to.  I hate when things get wonky and twisted.  I hate when it's a struggle for peace. It is what it is though, and I will take care of things before dashing off to do one of my favorite things in the whole world...

Paint!  I get to help fix up a space in one of my favorite historic old buildings.  I am excited about that, because that was my favorite part of my old job, I loved being able to paint and repair things.  I love bringing the old stuff back to life, so needless to say, I am very, very excited.

My day will end back at the Y, working through a pile of projects and planning our trivia night, ordering the sewing machines and supplies for the class I am going to be teaching, and trying to do my part to help us raise that remaining $44,000 we need to make goal for the year. The next 13 hours are definitely going to be busy and mostly fun filled, it is going to be a fulfilling day!

And you thought I was gonna talk about mixed drinks didn't you?  How do you mix all of you parts and passions into a whole? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...