Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rainy, Sunny Autumn Days

Today reads just like the setting for a dime story novel.  It was a cold and dreary day.  The perfect kind of day for a roaring fire and hot coffee...

It is a cold, wet and dreary day.  Fall feels like it arrived over night with the intention of digging in it's heels and staying this time.  It's the curl up with hot coffee and a homemade quilt kind of day.  Sadly that is not to be. 

I only have a bit more me time today before I need to get with it.  It's the company picnic today, and while I am not the joiner and didn't volunteer to help.  Hubby is a far nicer person than I am and he did.  I am okay being that background person, you know the supporting player.  Hubby prefers a more starring role.  I am okay with it, but I sure wasn't planning to go for very long this year. 

It was a great time last year, but we had our Ava.  A family event without any "family" except each other is kind of strange. We won't be there the whole time, which is good, I don't know as they came up with a "rain" plan.  And I don't know if the rain is going to stop.  It's a beautiful park with lots of wide open spaces.  Not so many covered ones though.  Hubby is going to call bingo - think I will try my luck at winning a round.

Then we are heading to a friend of hubby's farm.  For a good old fashioned pig roast.  I've been to them in Europe, a long time ago.  Not really sure how my grown up self feels about this.  I am well aware of where my food comes from.  It is one of the reasons that I was a vegetarian for so long.  This could be the breaking straw for me again to become a vegetarian.  We'll see...

It will be fun, except for that cold, wet rain that keeps calling me to be inside curled up dry and warm....

I promise I am not a hermit, nor am I anti-social... but I do crave the peace and comfort of home and my family.  I am sure it has to do with the fact that this week has been very stressful (not really in a bad way, but in an over loaded way)  I only got out of work at a reasonable time one night.  And 4:30 pm when you arrived at 7:00 am isn't really reasonable. I am sure that is what is beckoning me to my home. 

Today would be a great day for a big pot of homemade chicken soup and fresh from the oven bread.  Hot coffee and tea and some good old fashioned down time.  Today would be an amazing day for that. 

As I went to grab my camera to snap a picture, I noticed that the sun is pushing those clouds away, maybe, just maybe it is going to be a beautiful day after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...