Monday, October 7, 2013

Vacation Monday...

One bin of hats...
Hot coffee, french toast, and a slow start to the day. That is really a good way to start the week.  I am so thankful to hubby for taking the time to do that for me. 

I am completely focused on getting ready for craft show this weekend, and fairly positive that I am stressing myself out completely! On top of that... seems I am getting a cold.  I never get sick.  For someone with a messed up immune system, I am really healthy.  So doesn't it figure that the one cold a year that I seem to get would happen this week. I sure hope yesterday was simply a reaction to riding in the cold rain the day before.  I really don't want to spend my first long vacation all year sick.  I think that would simply make me incredibly depressed.

Over breakfast we were listening to the news.  I am not crazy or losing my mind!  Shocking I know.  I missed it, but Hubby didn't.  I really wasn't "allergic" to our country place.  I was evidently very sensitive to the Lead mine they reopened not too long ago near the property.  I am relieved to know that is what it is, as I am a complete outside person.  I am also thankful that my work schedule kept us from being there more often. 

I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason.  When I think back to a lot of things in my life, I realize that there was always something there that makes sense. Something that protected me or made my life better in the long run. I am so thankful right now for having a job that kept me too busy to enjoy my country place.  I don't know if I will ever forget the burning of my skin, my eyes swelling and the breathing issues... I have an amazing guardian angel!

I will be kind of scarce this week, I feel completely unprepared for this coming weekend.  Yesterday I managed to complete 8 hats, I was shooting for 10.  That nap was needed though.  I haven't done a craft fair in over 20 years.  I might be being optimistic about what is waiting for me.  Maybe I will have so many hats left over that I won't know what to do with them.  Or maybe I will sell out completely and not have enough to man my booth for the two required days.  Yikes!  I am too much of a by the book, rule follower for this kind of uncertainty.

What is that zombie doing by the flowers?
Well... hook and yarn are waiting... shooting for 10 new and completion of half of the bag waiting for finishing today... and I need to make a few batches of soap. Cold - stay away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...