Sunday, August 18, 2013

The POWER of Positivity!!!

I discovered something yesterday...

It was a totally rough day.  The kind that if I were a turtle would have found me pulled so tight into my shell that you would have thought I was a rock.

I don't like confrontation, oh I can take it, but I do not consider it a sport.  Nor do I consider it fun.  Frankly it is horrid, makes me shaky and sends my blood pressure through the roof.  Personally none of these are how I like to feel.

What I discovered will definitely be my "go to" from now on.  I like positive, up beat messages.  They make me smile and make my heart feel light.  They motivate me and cheer me.  In the midst of all the ugly from yesterday I was doing some work for a project or two, they all involve positive, uplifting things.  As I was reading these things... I literally felt the change in me.

Each one had a huge impact on me.  I could feel my fingers calm, my heart stopped racing, my smile returned.  I could feel that positive energy filling the void that had been left by all the negative. It was re-energizing and powerful.  It felt healing. Each time someone had me on the verge of tears with their negative, hateful, spewing of dark energy, I read another one or two or three... I thought about the message of each one and how it resonated with me.

I am definitely a glass half full kind of girl.  I have often been accused of being a Polly Anna and told to take off the rose colored glasses. I wonder if the people telling me to do that are simply so stuck in the mire of being a pessimist that they simply don't want to be happy.

I wonder if there are actually people that thrive in those dark, horrible and hopeless feelings of the negative.  If so I am so sorry for them, because no one should feel that kind of oppression and anger in their soul on a regular basis.

I need to focus on those people that lift me up, those things that give me energy to battle bleakness.  Just when I was ready to give up yesterday I found all those messages, as they were working their healing magic, the phone rang.  It was one of the dearest people in my life.  She was simply calling to check up on me and see if I needed her.  She brings so much energy and light to my world that I am certain I would be lost without her.  I am slowly surrounding myself with people just like her.  Weeding out those that only see the clouds, but forget to look for the silver lining.

The people that I choose to let close to me, inside my bubble are those wonderful good folks.  As work is where the majority of my time is spent, my office is full of positive power.  Hubby keeps me feeling empowered and positive at home, always ready with a laugh or joke.  I love my protective bubble of positive people.  I simply don't know what I would do without any of them.

I guess this is simply notice... if you are a negative Nelly, if your role and goal is to bring us down and rain on the parade, then you are not welcome!  I know that I personally need the good and positive, and I fully intend to insure that is what my world is made of!

To the people that keep creating the beautiful, upbeat messages - please never stop.  To the family and friends that I cherish, thank you for being the absolute light in my life and always being there to relight my candle when a bully blows it out!

Positivity is Powerful!!  Pass it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...