Friday, August 16, 2013

Another beautiful day begins...

Whoa... another day that has dawned crisp and cool.  We should be in the dog days of summer and it appears that we are in early fall.  One of my favorite songs just keeps playing over and over in my head "I begin to feel the chill of an early fall"...

It makes me want to go pick apples and start canning for fall.  During the day it's only edging into the upper 70's.  If summer has been this cool and mild, we only had a few days total so far that were absolutely miserable, what is going to happen when we hit winter?  It's been a lot of years since we've had a truly cold and snowy winter.  Maybe I should add mittens and wristers to my offerings at the craft fair, crazy how the mind wanders isn't it?

I have a feeling my staff team is simply going to be so thankful that I do not come in until after one today, as I am closing.  Yesterday was massively productive, we accomplished everything on our list and bit more, although I suspect they thought I had absolutely lost my mind. We got stuff cleaned out, organized, calls into several churches for lay ministers, the bones of the book club, started the search for volunteers to teach a couple of "craft" art classes... it was crazy productive!  I am sure it is the weather!  I feel like today is going to be a duplicate kind of day... they had simply better watch out! Insanity might reign supreme again!

Before I head off that direction though, I am going to get a few chores done around the house. When I work the long weeks it is so easy to get behind. Clean up the kitchen, do a load of laundry, maybe even dust.  Then I am going to work on some serious beanies... I have orders for two that I haven't had time to get to all week.  And I have stuff to get ready to mail... my poor aunt is going to think I really didn't want to send her any of my jam, and my cousin is probably thinking I lied about the cross stitch books.  Neither is the case, but you know how life gets in the way of life sometimes.

Hubby has been getting back in a fitness mode this week, I think it is starting to rub off on me.  Yikes, I am not sure I have enough hours in my life for all the gotta's and wanna's... I fixed him a smoothie this morning, that will keep him going strong for a few hours before he does lunch with the boys.  I will probably make a big salad for him to have for dinner to balance it all out. 

All of that has to happen before I wake my son to go out for lunch before heading to work today!  It sure is a busy one ahead... on the plus side it is a beautiful, cool, crisp morning.  The high is only going to be 81, it is the perfect morning to kick back and enjoy my coffee.  For a minute work will wait!

Is it a beautiful morning where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...