Saturday, August 10, 2013

The circle of love completed...

Remember the quilt?  The one that V made?  The beautiful quilt made of pure love?  I got a beautiful email yesterday, I haven't gotten permission to share it and the photo's yet, but it made me cry!

I felt like I was a part of something so powerful and wonderful! My role was so minor, but it made my heart feel so good to know that a few minutes of my time helped to create the beautiful scene that was shared with me.

I have to admit that I have discovered my quilting group and the success stories that come with them are one of the brightest spots of my job.  It is so powerful in my life that it doesn't feel like part of my job, it's part of my life! I think it is because of the stories like V and her cousin's beautiful smile in those pictures, tears glimmering in her eyes and a smile as bright as the sun.  I love to know that I helped someone create a gift of pure love.

My eyes are tearing up now thinking about it.  I think making memory quilts is one of my favorite things to do.  To take those bits that mean so much to another person and to create something that will keep them warm, to wrap them in love.  Not all of them are memorials, though those ones pull on my heart strings the most.

T-shirts quilts celebrate a milestone. They take bits and pieces of life and tell a story.  They celebrate successes, losses, dreams and memories.  They build a bridge between the past and the present.  Those pictures of that beautiful quilt held in loving hands and arms, the sparkling tears, the beautiful words, and that smile!!  

I am so thankful that V sent me that message.  It completes the circle.  From a pile of t-shirts toted into class in a large black sack to the gifting.  If you haven't had the chance to experience that circle, I highly recommend it.

Circles of love are the best kind, circles of joy and hope.  When I have a black moment, when I am feeling overwhelmed with life and overrun with doubts, I will pull out that note, I will open those photos and I will smile! I will borrow a minute of that pure love and joy and celebrate and rejoice with them.

Thank you V... I love that you shared that treasure with me... that was the bright spot in my day yesterday... it was a dark one, you brought it sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...