Wednesday, December 15, 2021

hurry, hurry, rush, rush...

Snuggled up by a toasty fire, coffee laced with Buffalo Trace and the sounds of a productive morning.  That is my "status" this morning. Hubs brought some of my Christmas stuff up, and shortly I will start to make the house festive and load the presents under the tree.  But for now, for this moment in time, I am going to simply be. 

I'm definitely back in the mode of enjoying my little bubble, peopling was nice, but I am rapidly finding the quiet of home suits me just perfectly. I enjoy my small group of friends and family and my me time.  I am finding that more precious every year. 

Even with my plans to make it a slower holiday season, I am finding it crazy busy.  I keep looking at the stuff I want to do and feeling like instead of shrinking it is growing out of control. Luckily it is all fun stuff.  Things that fill my bucket and make me smile.  

Although I am finding that each time I am working on a project, my mind starts to wander to other projects and I become distracted. On Monday while I was quilting my friends quilt, my mind started to wander, it took everything in me to keep my quilting style a simple meander.  What was playing in my brain was definitely not a style that would have gone well with a t-shirt quilt.  But my brain was sure fussing at me.  I have about 5 quilts cued up for the beginning of the year, those feathers can wait. 

I've been buzzing around like a bee this morning, cleaning spaces, vacuuming, laundry and the like, darn good thing I live in a house and not an apartment, neighbors would not like me at all. I have been in such a busy mode that I am getting behind on my chores.  And I have company coming tomorrow.  Definitely time to spruce the place up.  Ironically, I know have time to be organized and I am still not organized.  I do believe it is not in my nature. 


Yesterday I delivered my friends' quilt to her, we were supposed to spend the day together tomorrow, but again Miss Organization failed and double booked the day, I knew it was a Christmas gift and didn't want to risk not getting it to her before I left town for a few days. I hope they like it, I am always a bit unsure when it comes to things I design using other peoples' belongings. That's just me. 

When I dropped it off, she surprised me and warmed my heart and frankly body with a handmade gift!!  I was so stunned.  I don't believe anyone has ever made me a scarf before, ever.  I love homemade gifts, they fill my heart to overflowing.  I was so very happy to receive such a thoughtful gift.  And I definitely think I rock it!  I mean it's in my favorite colors, black and shades of gray.  It will look stunning with my new hat and black pea coat.  Now all we need is cooler temps. 

And those don't seem to be in a hurry to get here at all.  It's supposed to be 70 today.  I'm already regretting my choice of sweats and a sweatshirt.  Although I do love sitting by my fire I may end up having to open a window and cool off.  Geez, Mother Nature is definitely having some serious issues this December.

I'm gonna be a bit sporadic in writing these next 10 days or so.  So much going on, gifts to finish and wrap, baking to do, a bit of travel and somewhere I need to find time to close my eyes and rest.  I am definitely a bit on the tired side, when I get behind I tend to not sleep well.  Shoot, I just looked beside my chair and add mailing my Christmas cards they are mostly all filled out and ready to go, just need stamps.  Oh my.  They are going to be New Years wishes if I don't get with it!

I hope that everyone is focusing on the important stuff in life.  That they are going inside themselves and looking to see what they need most in life and doing that.  I am!

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...