Saturday, December 18, 2021

counting blessings...

Are you living in blessings?  Do you recognize them in the every day ordinary?  For me, each day feels full of blessings.  I am so thankful to be living in this time.  To be focused on the important things.  The things that fill me with pure joy and happiness. 

It's only 7:30 am, the sun has just decided to lighten the sky to a softer shade of gray.  It's been a bit rainy the past 24 hours or so.  It's supposed to be a bit cloudy for today and then clearing.  We were expecting a lot more rain, but as usual it slid north of us.  Hubs and I have been busy for the past couple of hours.  Finishing up projects, since this time yesterday I have officially completed 4 knit/crochet projects and this morning we spent some time in the kitchen.  Some of it is holiday treats, some of it is prepping for our upcoming trip.  

We found some great keto recipes for one of our favorite holiday beverages, Irish Cream, so we spent the morning experimenting with Irish Whiskey, Buffalo Trace and Jack Single Barrel, I promise I am not intoxicated already at this wee hour, but... someone had to sample it all.  And since Hubs will be donning a Santa Suit in just a few hours, we felt it best to not have Santa smell like a distillery.  Someone had to make the sacrifice, I volunteered as tribute. I think I enjoyed it more over ice, but in a cup of coffee it's not too hard to enjoy either!

In the past week I've been blessed with time spent either in person or talking to all three kiddo's and some of the families.  It was great!  I don't get to do that often enough.  And even when there are struggles or changes going on, that always fills my bucket to overflowing. For some reason, maybe because the kids are going to be home this year I am missing and noticing our boys are no longer with us.  Hanging stockings feels odd with just the two there on the mantle.  We are simply transitioning to a different reality.  It's just different. Although I can't help smiling, Hubs had my dearest friend in New Mexico make an awesome wall hanging with both of the boys on it a few years back.  It hangs on the wall where I put the tree every year.  It filled me with joy to look up and see them peaking around the tree.  They are always with us also. 

Hubs and I have both been drawn to the puppy presents at the stores and spent a lot of time walking down memory lane, remembering how each of our boys loved the holidays. After Christmas and the new year settles in, I think it will be time to start to seriously look for new fur babies to join us. We are simply dog people and enjoy having them in our lives. 

It's going to be another crazy busy day, stuff to cook, a Santa to accompany, presents to wrap, a truck to pack.  Tomorrow starts another short adventure.  This year sure is flying past, almost to the point that i feel afraid to close my eyes to sleep, what might I miss? I have a few more gifts to complete, it won't take long and then it will be time to start "hibernating".  I plan to switch up the pace after the holidays, there are things on my personal to do list I want to tackle and I want to launch my website shortly after the holidays. 

Not so much a new year resolution, I'm not really big into those.  Personally it feels like setting myself up for failure.  I don't want to create a list that shows all the things I want to change about me.  Instead I believe I am going to focus on setting some intentions.  Not things to change, but things I want to enhance and grow.  Things to meditate and focus on. Blessings to grow. 

For now, I am simply enjoying the blessings that surround me daily.  A husband that I adore, my true soul mate.  Children and grands that fill my heart with joy, I cherish the moments that we spend with them, so proud of the humans they are and the lives that they are living.  A mom and sisters that I talk to and share life with, distance doesn't matter as we support one another.  Dear friends, that I can reach out and talk to whether they are near or far. Knowing that they are vital parts of my imperfectly perfect life.  We have a roof over our heads, we have abundance in all things.  

I sort of laugh when someone asks me what I would like for Christmas.  Truthfully, I have all I need.  I am surrounded by blessings and love!

I hope all of you are opening your hearts and eyes to the blessings that surround you also!

Love and Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...