Thursday, December 9, 2021

the inside voice...

Yikes, the sun is already blasting through the window. I have been way too busy with everything else this morning, time has definitely gotten away from me.  Oddly, it feels refreshing though.  I've been chatting with friends both local and across the pond. I spent time drinking coffee and wrapping presents with the Hubs and planning some time and events with friends.  I would definitely say I haven't wasted the last four hours, I simply can't believe how fast the time has gone. 

It feels odd for the fireplace to be empty this morning, even though the wood is stacked in front of it, but I have too much to do that can't be accomplished in front of the fire. I asked Hubs to not build one.  I have a few more gifts that must be wrapped so they are ready to mail today, I'm simply not trusting the mail service.  Some days its super reliable, other's... I think they route it via China and back.  Better safe than sorry.

Today, will find me mostly hanging out in my sewing room, I promised a friend a quilt and I need to get with it.  It isn't going to take a lot of time, but it will take all the time in the world if I don't get with it. As I was chatting with her yesterday it dawned on me how very soon the holidays will sneak up on us.  


I have photographed all of the projects to add to my website.  It's not going to happen anytime soon, because I am swamped at the moment, frankly I'm planning ahead for 2022.  So now everything can be wrapped, labeled and marked off of my holiday list.  And the dreaded to - do list.  



I was watching a video last night, it's theme has popped up in different forms for me a lot lately and I believe that it's time for me to hear the words and learn them.  The theme is that "no one is coming".  I guess that could be negative if that were the entire context, but it isn't.  

No one is coming to make me do the things I want and need to do with my life.  And I feel I am not the only one that is subconsciously waiting for that someone to show up and force me to... well adult. 

No one is making me shower and get dressed daily, I will admit to getting wrapped up in my projects and forgetting to do that.  Realizing at 3 pm or later that I am still happily roaming my house in my pj's, deeply engrossed in whatever got my attention that morning.  Also realizing that when I get up, shower, put on clothing and face the day head on that I am more energetic and focused. The dangers of not working outside the house any longer.

No one is going to make me do my exercises that will help me heal.  And by heal I am not simply referring to my knee, but to my whole body.  The body that suffered a great deal from my previous lifestyle.  And those exercises don't just heal the body, but they lift you up mentally and emotionally.  I find that when Hubs is too busy to walk, that I am easily self-enticed to not go on my own.  The truth is no one can give me that motivation, it has to be internal. 

No one is showing up to force me to make good and healthy food choices, I do that myself.  For many years I didn't.  Too busy, too distracted, too... well you get the picture. I also do some of it for Hubs, but it is entirely up to him if he is going to follow through and make those choices for himself. 

No one is going to show up and create my business plan and my website, I have to.  These are my dreams that are on the line, no one else. Hubs can support and influence, but I have to be the lead.

This line of reasoning can apply to most everything in our lives... careers, finances, relationships, spirituality, knowledge, pretty much any goal that you set for yourself it comes down to you. Sure you can pay someone to do the surface stuff, but beyond that it's you. 

So you can see where I am going with this right?  Subconsciously, it is easy to fall into routines.  It is easy to decide that this or that can wait.  To feel like big things won't feel so big if you don't think about them for a while.  When the reality is, they not only stay big, but get bigger when you ignore them.  When you wait for someone or something to step in and do the big things. The tough things.  I believe a lot of times we as humans are simply uncomfortable with the silence that has to surround the resolve to create change. We are uncomfortable stepping into the unknown, so we sit in the comfort of the known. All the while waiting for that shove from someone else. When the true solution is we, ourselves, show up. 

Like I said this keeps showing up for me in many forms.  I firmly believe that the universe is trying to get me to stop and think things through.  To encourage me to take control of situations and move it forward. So many little bits are already coming together.  I am trying to tackle them all like one would eat the proverbial elephant, one bite at a time.  I am finding by breaking things into smaller pieces I am able to see the bigger pictures without pushing myself back into that "comfort zone" out of fear of the unknown. 

Anyone else feeling they need to become more self-sufficient?  Because I feel like that is what it is telling me.  I am not a Nike fan, never have been, but there old ad campaign of "Just do It" sure seems to apply here. 

Motivation can only be self-driven.  I'm choosing to lean into self... and with that I'm off to get back to "work".

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...