Monday, December 27, 2021

everything changes...

In the wee hours this morning, trying to fall back asleep from the middle of the night puppy potty run, I spent a few moments looking at one of those "the first four words you see" puzzles.  This one was what my focus should be for 2022.  Normally, I don't put much stock in those silly things, writing them off as a trick of the mind.  This morning... crazy accurate!  

Change, connection, gratitude and alignment.  Pretty solid don't you think?

Here it is a few hours later, the puppies have been taken potty, eaten to their hearts content, and are currently playing like the little angelic devils they are. I am trying to find a few short moments to myself before breakfast is ready.  I'm making my first dish in my new air fryer/oven that Hubs got me for Christmas. It smells heavenly, although I am fairly certain, with redirecting sweet babies I am not going to finish typing before it's done. 

Yup, I was right, it's now early afternoon.  The pups and Hubs are sleeping while I fix lunch.  Since it is quiet, I am taking advantage of the moment. The peace is wonderful.  But then, so are the puppy kisses!






After a fun filled trip south we came home to the first of my Christmas surprises.  My sweet Hubs conspired with one of my dearest friends to bring me these two sweet babies.  Hubs told me no when I initially showed him the pictures.  So I moved on and started thinking that we would get a couple of puppies in a few months, maybe around springtime or so.  I fell in love with the 7 month old little white guy, but figured it was okay, there are other little ones that will steal my heart. 







Hubs has wanted baby puppies forever, so he definitely jumped in with both feet when he saw babies!  The family didn't want to part with the older puppy is my understanding, and Hubs took full advantage to have a pair of littles.  







They are adorable!  They have completely stolen my heart!  But boy oh boy is this a huge adjustment! The rhythm and flow of my world is 100% different, totally different world.  I have had puppies twice in the past 20 years, unfortunately, we lost both of them young.  It tore my heart into a million tiny bits and pieces. So I am probably being an obsessive puppy mom, but I do not want to tragically every lose a fur baby again. These two, are definitely going to keep me hopping.  





I was so excited to get five full hours of sleep before I got woken up for a potty break, that I actually woke up wondering why, fearful that something was wrong in the silence. I was the same way with my human babies too, but I was a lot younger back then.  Heck, my baby is going to be 31 in a few short weeks. It was a short moment in time before they started calling to go outside.  

I'm not the only one smitten with these little furry dynamos.  Our youngest grand, called me joyously to tell me Santa had been at her house and that we needed to hurry and come open presents.  Oh yeah, and bring the puppies!  In fact when she is home, that is pretty much the call of the day. 

I fear that I will not be writing much, although my plan was to shoot for every day in 2022.  These little ones definitely need constant attention. I am even learning to value a kennel, although I never did before.  

Well... I need to get a few things done before the babies wake up and need potty break, food and play in that order before passing out again. 

love and peace... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...