Friday, December 10, 2021

foggy with a touch of mist...

It's a dense foggy morning here in the Lou.  I'm looking out the window and feeling wrapped in an odd cocoon of gray and white, almost like a cotton ball. It makes the day feel lonely and far too quiet and still.  As I went out on the deck to take the picture I realized everything is covered in mist. It's so strange how it covers everything. The oddness of the day has very sound in my house making me a bit jumpy as a result. 

Hubs had to be in to work super early, he's doing a favor for one of his team.  He's definitely the kind of supervisor that you want to have, he goes out of his way to make their lives easier and more family centric.  One of the things I am most proud of him for.  When you work with someone that makes it feel like you are part of a team as opposed to being directed to do everything, it makes it a much better situation all around. I understand why he had to go so early, but it only makes these kind of days more sinister feeling, when they are anything but. Days like this really make me miss my boys. Their calmness would have had me far less jumpy. Thankfully, he chatted with me on his entire drive to work. 

I know that the noises are outside, the wind pushing branches, the neighbors opening and closing doors in the dense mist. They are things like the heater kicking on and rattling the duct work and my plants that are too close to the vents.  It's strange the tricks your mind can play on you when its creepy and foggy out. 

My imagination has already drummed up someone or something in the attic, wondering if the house has suddenly become haunted or a million other things.  It's craziness in real time.  Could be a bit of sleep deprivation also, as I woke up around three this morning and couldn't drift back to sleep.  My brain started on high gear telling me to get busy on my stack of projects. 

I'm actually just taking a coffee and chat with my sister break.  In a few I will head back upstairs to finish a few small projects and spend the rest of the day quilting.  

There is such a strange feeling to life right now, nothing feels normal.  I really can't explain it.  I constantly think of things I want or need to do, but then I don't feel that I should do them.  Its so weird. I mean, I still haven't decorated for Christmas, at all!  And my kitchen is literally covered in boxes, wrapping paper and presents waiting for me to finish wrapping them.  I have a feeling that I won't decorate until this weekend.  I am afraid to carry things on the stairs, out of fear of falling, and the darn things will not bring themselves up. 

I might be taking the need to hibernate a bit too seriously.  I have no idea. I am sure it has more to do with feeling overwhelmed right now.  I don't understand why, but I am definitely feeling overwhelmed.  I also don't do clutter well and right now my world feels very cluttered.  Or maybe it is because the more of it I clean out, the more I find that I want to clean out.  I'm simply not sure. I know when I cleaned the bedroom and did the ironing at 330 this morning, I felt more focused and wanted to do more tasks.  Maybe the clutter of all these projects is causing me to feel overwhelmed.  Anyone else feel that way?

Well, I guess I should dig into the "clutter" which is actually just a ton of unfinished projects and head up to my sewing room.  

love and peace... 




1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...