Wednesday, December 1, 2021

everyday ordinary...

Life is a bit more normal this morning, the sun isn't up, the coffee is hot and a roaring fire is warming my toes.  This feels comforting, not so discombobulated. Yesterday was so disjointed.  Yet oddly productive.  I finished a project, started another hat, made candles (shared with a dear friend how to make them), wrapped a couple of gifts, and started the cranberries drying... yep, very productive day.  All the while talking to family and sending many prayers heavenward for my dear little great nephew and his family. 

Today will be another prayer filled one as they start his journey of surgeries.  This morning, he will get his PIC line, before the end of the week he will have his first heart surgery.  His is definitely a strong little heart  warrior.  I look at all of his pictures and it is so hard to tell this little guy is anything but perfectly healthy.  He looks like he is a tough little fella that just might punch you in the nose if you don't do what he'd like.  He is rosy and chunky.  If you take away all the medical paraphernalia, you would never know how very strong he is and how much of a battle he is waging.  He has an army of prayer warriors, healers, and faith workers surrounding him and a family that is ready to join his fight.  He is well loved. 

Today is going to be another very busy day for me.  We are heading to see family tomorrow.  So much to get done that I feel I will definitely need a list or something important will be forgotten.  I find myself a touch unorganized lately.  I get so wrapped up in the things that are important to me and forget the rest, they simply seem to vanish, until that awkward moment when I realize why it needed done. 

 We have a fairly long drive, so I am trying to determine what projects to take with me.  I think the sweater for the youngest grand is a top priority, honestly I think I might be able to complete it during the drive time.  That would be incredible!  But I also have quite a few smaller things to work on also, and will probably bring at least one or two of those as backups.  I hate running out of projects when traveling.  It makes the time fly for me and I forget that I am sitting for so long. 

I'm a touch nervous as to how my knee will react, this is by far the longest I have attempted since repairing it.  Thankfully we planned our travel time to be almost double the trip time, that way if I need for us to stop for a bit and walk, it won't be a challenge. The things I fret over, seem pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.   

Please remember to send a prayer up if it is in your heart to do so, healing energy and love are also deeply appreciated.  But also just a small reminder to reach out to your loved ones, to look around and see who might be struggling and lift them up.  We are all in this crazy thing called life together and I have a sneaking suspicion that it is only with love, compassion and by pulling together that we succeed. 

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...