Monday, January 26, 2015

Wishing on the heavens...

It's quiet tonight, at least here in the Mid-West.  It's a night of waiting, watching and praying for so many. The east coast is bracing, seems there is quiet a storm heading their direction.  But here at home, it's quiet. The sunset tonight was calm and beautiful.  I find living out on the western side of St. Louis now, has given us the gift of some amazing sunsets.

Walking out along the ridge tonight walking the boys, I often find myself mesmerized by the view that waits for us. The cotton candy colored clouds, softly drifting, pull my attention their direction.

I am grateful for those sunsets, and the sunrises, they bring focus.

One of my friends is preparing to lose one of her babies to Heaven.  I can't even imagine the strength it takes to face that kind of loss with such graciousness.  Gracious, oddly accurate, oddly defining.  I am proud to know her, want to eventually meet her husband the one that writes of their sweet boy's journey so beautifully. I am praying.  For peace.  I am praying for healing for a family that has endured far too much.  I am praying their sweet son does not have to suffer for a prolonged amount of time.  He is precious.  Their youngest will be lost for a while, although he seems to be so much older than his little baby years.

As I struggle with the things that are making me cringe and I stare into the beautiful clouds I think of all the small things.  I start a mental catalog of all the things that I am blessed to have in my life.  It's not always been strawberries and whipped cream, there have been and still continue to be stumbling blocks and pain.  But in the grand scheme of things, my world is just alright.  I am okay.

I am still going to make some tough decisions this year, I might be charting a different path, but with age comes wisdom and I am okay with the changes I have in mind.  It isn't the end of the world, it's simply as the GPS says... rerouting.

Today started out so rocky.  My stress level was off the charts.  I really wanted, desperately, to curl back up in bed and go to sleep. I was done almost before I was all the way awake. Then I walked my boys with the hubs in a biting cold morning, looking up at the remaining stars blinking in the heavens, and the world started righting itself.

Later in the day, when stress and exhaustion were getting the best of me, I got the fluffy cotton candy puffy clouds in the middle of my sunset... who can stay stressed and exhausted.

Tonight as I sit here, it's been a long day, but a good one.  Today is also a dear, dear friends birthday.  I love it!  i can't wait to celebrate with her tomorrow.

Lose yourself in the sunrise and the sunset. It makes the day so much better... prayers for everyone in harms way.  Prayers for my dear friends.  Sleep is calling me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...