Tuesday, January 6, 2015

On a bitter quiet morning...

It's a bitterly cold morning.  That creepy kind that has almost no sound, except when the wind blows and you can hear the leaves that are left blowing down the frozen sidewalks and streets.  The moon keeps peaking briefly out around the clouds.  Enough to give you that eerie sense of light, but no reassurance.

I guess the deep cold must isolate against sound also.  I was walking the old guy and normally he will alert on someone long before I ever even see them, this morning the other dog was literally across the street from us, neither of us had heard him.  He is one of my favorites that we encounter in the morning.  Full of life and energy, always "talking".  He and the old guy are not really friendly to each other, its usually a stand off between them neither on exactly aggressive, but they often have a lot to say to each other. Not today...

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday, the first day back from Holiday is always crazy, the first day back in January when all those resolutions are kicking in means even crazier times. The fact that I was still trying to clean up a mess, well that sure didn't help at all.  At the ten hour mark my eyes were blurry, I was brain fried and still had a 30 minute drive home.  Ugghhh...

Top that off with feeling terrible.  Leaving hubby alone all day, knowing how bored and lonely he is, and then not being home in time to walk the boys.  Hubby did it, I was terrified the entire drive home.  The old guy is not too much of a challenge, he doesn't really pull or dart at all, he's steady.  The young big guy, well his is another story all together.  In fact, he can be down right challenging. And hubby hadn't really done the pup walk twice in months... and in bitter cold.  I asked him to call me when he was done... so I waited and waited... the whole drive seemed to take longer than ever.  With every horrible scenario playing out in my head and heart.  What if he fell, what if the big dog pulled him too hard, what if, what if... Just as I am leaving the highway, my blue tooth buzzes.  It's hubs... he's fine, hurting a bit, and by a bit I mean a great deal, but he is okay.

This morning I got them walked, I will try hard to not be late today.  I don't need that kind of stress...

The B's and I are working hard on a new mantra this year, holding on to our inner peace and not letting things change our mental state... calm is the word...

Are you holding on to your inner peace as this bitter cold moves in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...