Monday, January 19, 2015

Do you know where you're going to?

Monday...

I feel we seriously need to reevaluate our relationship.  Heck even the sun does not seem too happy to see you.  I am sitting here with my coffee wondering if the sky plans to ever lighten today.  I vaguely see a hint to the east, but I really have to struggle to see it.

I don't feel like having a relationship with you any longer, and I feel that is so unfair to both of us.  Monday, you should be bright and bold, daring me to take on new challenges and adventures.

Instead, you are tired and dreary.  Pleading with me to climb back in bed and close my eyes. Steal a few more precious winks.

What kind of motivation is that?

Yesterday was a mixed bag of tricks.  It was filled with tasks, some successful, some not so much.  So many household chores accomplished.

Sewing room mostly finished

All set up and ready to go

only 5 pieces?

My attempt at bra making... well, lets just say I will need to purchase more supplies.  It's a beautiful bra, but I need to re-evaluate my measurements.  Evidently, I am not so great with numbers and understanding a different sizing system.  Before making the next one, I will definitely be in touch with the instructor for some clarification as to the direction I need to go with attempt number 2.  I feel confident it will be a successful endeavor, I just feel I need a bit more guidance before proceeding.  It isn't the most inexpensive fabric in the world and I already have a nice collection of bra's that do not fit the way I want, why would I want to expand that collection?
I did it!  Evidently for someone else...

I never did quite get Gator's coat done, but that is okay, I will work on it after work this week and hopefully get it finished before the weather decides to take a dip into the cold temperatures again.  It's only the beginning of the third week in January, only a fool would believe these mild temperatures are going to last the rest of the winter.
My doting assistant,,,

I didn't sleep well last night.  The seven hours I had spent carefully crafting my first bra ended up as a learning experience only - and I don't like to devote that many hours with nothing to show for it.  That's okay, it's also a lesson I need to learn - patience.  So for hours my brain twisted and twirled trying to resolve the steps needed to make it work.  On top of that Hubs and I had a disagreement about how to deal with an issue last night.  His temper flared, I disagreed... reason number two for no sleep.

Now it's Monday.  I don't want to face it, deal with it, or even make it's acquaintance.  I don't feel like dealing with any of it.  As I walked the Neeks this morning, I didn't even find myself day dreaming.  Just staring up at those brilliantly lit stars and wishing it was still the weekend.

I read a meme on Facebook the other day.  It said "don't repeat the same year over for 75 times and call it a life." Is that what I have been doing?  Am I stuck in an uncomfortable comfort zone and too unsure and afraid to walk a bit further out there?  Where is that Monday that is going to invigorate me?  That will wake me up saying "game on"?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...