Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stitching + Thinking = Dangerous...

It's been an interesting 24 hours.  I have been crocheting until my fingers are numb, trying to calm my stress about this craft fair I decided to do.  I have only done one before and it was a complete disaster, so my nerve factor is a bit high.  Imagine that...

All in a days work...
I didn't even join hubby and our friends on our monthly trip to the rummage sale that benefits the food pantry in the neighboring town.  I just kept working.  I hadn't mentioned anything to hubby, nothing to look for or find.  I just told him to have fun.  He never ceases to amaze me, because I was thinking if you find any yarn...but I didn't say it, yet he came home with a great surprise!  Evidently, he was standing there just as they brought out a box of yarns.  So of course he was quick to snatch them up for me.  Now the awesome thing about this rummage sale is whatever you can fit in a bag is only $3, all of this fit in one bag!  And it was full of wonderful treasures!  I am on my fourth hat from the bag.  And I am so excited because of the mixture of colors and textures.  There is even perfect green for the zombie hats!  How cool is that?

The challenge is that sitting here crocheting gives me lots of time to think.  For me that is dangerous.  I also have had time to catch up on The Blaze.  I love The Blaze, it makes me think.  It is in sync with my personal beliefs and it simply makes sense to me.  I wish that U-Verse would add it, it sort of irritates me that I am paying for Al-jeez-era and dozens of Spanish language channels, without the option of dropping them (I don't watch any of that so why should I pay for it), but they refuse to include The Blaze to the options I can pick from.  Seriously looking at switching to Dish or Roku for that very reason.

It bothers me that I am only allowed to be considered opened minded if I am willing to only watch what is picked for me and accept it.  But not allowed to watch what is important or relevant to me without judgement. 

I am also considering doing away with my Facebook account, I was so frustrated when I noticed they deleted one of my favorite pages.  Simply because it was about an animal, evidently they don't consider that social, seriously?  A community has formed around that page, people that care about each other and support each other, who cares if it was a sweet puppy that drew them all together.  They forced them to create a business page, because they also have a business.  Mind you they don't sell on their page, they do raise money for charities, they do raise awareness of animal abuses, and of the need to spay and neuter your pets.  So I am very confused.

Almost immediately after this happens I have Facebook asking me what my relationship is to my aunt, again with the seriously?  I feel like everyone is trying to control who I know, who I associate with, what I am allowed to see and watch. It is annoying and frustrating!

I have friends and family that are the same as me, similar to me, completely different than me.  We all have our own thoughts and beliefs. Our colors, creeds, religions and beliefs might not be the same but they are all equally important.  They create the fabric and texture of my life.  I don't want anyone editing out the colors or textures of my life.  If I choose to spend my time and energy as part of it, then that is my choice. 

I wanted quite badly to participate in the 2 Million Biker ride on Sept. 11.  Luckily we didn't, due to the issues we have had with our bike.  I am so thankful that so many others did ride. And I am thankful for all other countries that covered it, because ironically it appeared our country didn't want us to know about it. I am tired of having my world censored, I am tired of having someone else decide what is important and needed in my life, my knowledge base, my world...

So as I sit and stitch, my mind is wandering to things that are frustrating and confusing. To things that just make me wonder why?  And that is by far too dangerous a place for it to play....

No comments:

Post a Comment

as planned...

Don't you love it when a plan goes kerplunk kerplewy? That is how I was feeling a few moments ago.  Pups woke me up super early so I'...