Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Heading out...

Only have a few minutes this morning.  It's crazy today... I have already put the laundry in the dryer and I am getting ready to pack. 

I was one of four selected to go to a training in Springfield Missouri.  I will be gone until Friday.  I am not really sure how I feel about it.  It has caused me to have to change up a lot of things and switch around my quilting class.  I also do not like to be away from home. That is just me...

I am going to put a positive spin on it, I am basically an optimist looking for a silver lining.  It's how I do things.

I am not driving, that in and of itself is a bonus.  I don't like to drive for one thing and it gives me almost four hours each way to work on beanies.  I am not a fan of meeting new people, it simply isn't my thing.  Probably has a lot to do with being a military brat.  That part will be a challenge. I get to room with one of the sweetest young women, that is another positive. 

I guess I am ambiguous.  I am hopeful for the best, I want it to be worth my time, especially as I am going so far away from my family. I have taken this class three times before, so I am concerned as to it's value for me.  It's a new format, so maybe there are nuggets that will resonate, maybe there is something I didn't hear before that will pop out to me.

I don't know if I will be able update my blog this week... we'll see... I will take my laptop.  I am excited to go to Springfield, I have only driven through.  And I will enjoy time with my peers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

as planned...

Don't you love it when a plan goes kerplunk kerplewy? That is how I was feeling a few moments ago.  Pups woke me up super early so I'...