Saturday, January 25, 2014

Don't judge...

Taken this morning...
Cozy in my living room.  Sitting here sipping my hot coffee and basking in the glow of my Christmas tree lights (don't judge... yet).  I am soaking up the peace and quiet.  An occasional car goes past outside, the clock is ticking away and every now and then my old boy snores a bit.  I know hubby is awake, the big boy disappeared after morning potty break and I can faintly hear the TV down in the man cave.

Enjoying this moment and feeling guilty because I really haven't had a lucid moment to write in a bit, I am considering all the things that need to be accomplished in these precious two days. Oh I know what my exhausted body wants to do.  But as I already said I am sitting here basking in the glow of my Christmas tree... 

This month has been out of control, I mean seriously out of control.  The exhaustion factor is not only physical, but mental and emotional too.  Pretty much the last three weeks have been go, go, go... don't stop and don't look back. 

Hubby and I used to eat out, a lot, but one of my new years decisions was that had to stop.  It isn't healthy, we really didn't like it and it was killing my budget.  So I have been making all meals at home again.  And while this is awesome, it only adds to my already full schedule.  I am glad it is a decision I made.  Me and my crock pot are becoming the best of friends!

With the insanity at work, the flood and the recovery, all coming at the worst possible time, I have had very little time to simply stop.  Last Sunday was our first day off in fifteen days, fifteen LONG days, and even it didn't go well.  Ended up spending it sitting in the emergency room with Hubby. 

Oh he will be okay, but the bruising from that pulled hamstring is pretty darn ugly. It completely hobbled him for the first two days of the week and limited his ability to do much. 

Ah Mom... I was trying to blend in with the sofa...
So here it is Saturday, the sun isn't up yet, it's still peaceful and magical.  Do I break the spell to get busy on my poor neglected home?  Or do I savor a few more peaceful moments?

I love the Vintage Rose and style of these... not for me...
I will admit I stole a few hours yesterday, it's the first time in weeks that I haven't come home completely wiped out, cooked dinner and gone to bed (or stayed up talking with my West Coast Boy).  In fact I didn't cook or eat dinner last night.  I came home, put on my jammies, hubby ate leftovers and I got out my knitting.  Before work yesterday I completed a pair of socks that had taken far too long due to the insanity, and I was simply dying to cast on the next pair. 

Seeing the picture of my cousin's finished sock in a similar yarn and colorway, I simply had to!  I needed that mental break, I needed to simply be.

Curled up in my chair, with a variety of shows on that I wasn't watching, I made great progress!  At nine, when my eyes were closing and my fingers tired I had already reached the gusset of the first sock.  I am fairly sure if my energy could have lasted I would be almost finished by now. 

Same pattern in Spring Fling... hmmm... is there a theme here?  Tired of snow maybe?

I think... that I am going to take the first hour or two of this quiet day and rest... knit some more...

Soon enough the tree will finally come down, the boxes will go to the basement (not having hubby to help with that will be no fun!) I will sweep, mop, do the dishes, ironing and all those other annoying daily things that I haven't had a minute to tackle... maybe make a loaf of hot homemade bread to go with the Nuremberg sausages and Pirogi's that were to be dinner last night.

January is almost gone... I am hoping that February slows down... I can't keep up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...