Monday, January 20, 2014

This relationship isn't working out...

Dear 2014...

I fear that this relationship is off to a very rocky start.  In fact, at this point I simply don't know if I have the will or desire to see it through for another 11 months.

Frankly, I don't feel that you are holding up your end of the bargain!  After a very peaceful and calm start, you have been very trying and challenging for weeks.  You are unrelenting and it's all take, take, take.

I do believe we need to re-evaluate where this relationship is going...

The beautiful, calming "great snow" was beautiful for a minute.  But 13 inches of white fluffy beauty sure made for a rough week.  And we won't even talk about the stress that caused while my children traveled across country in it.

Then just when I thought that maybe your initial tantrum was over and we could go back to the casual dating and getting to know one another in a calmer more rational way.  You decided to test me once again.

A flood through my beautiful building is not a great welcoming gift for a new year.  In fact it is probably one of the lamest I have ever received.

Nine days of battling that beast, a clearing on the horizon, a day to rest my seriously tired body, muscles and mind... Because new challenges await today... and yet another lousy gift.

I am not an ungrateful person, I am not a glass half empty kind of gal, but seriously? Did you not think I was over the top of what I could handle?

Luckily Hubs will be okay, but the next few days are gonna suck!  Thanks again. 

So... 2014... I hate to say this, but I really feel you need to up your game.  I have met all your challenges and tests, I have proven to you that I am strong enough to take what you give to me and meet your challenges.  So I have to ask when are you going to uphold your end of this relationship?  It absolutely cannot be take, take, take...

Sincerely,

a very worn out and tired me...

p.s. because of your non-stop tantrums I still have a Christmas tree to take down... uncool...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...