Saturday, January 11, 2014

where is my sunrise?

Hello Morning, you didn't wait long to appear did you? You simply rushed the night out of the way.

Hot coffee isn't helping to make the body less sore or bringing much calm to my mind.  Luckily, the bit of sleep I had last night made it easier to think this morning.  I am clearer.  I was able to go through my email and cancel the events that were planned for the next week or so.  I was able to sit and think about the things that need my attention.

In a few minutes I will start getting ready for the meeting this morning.  I am not looking forward to it.  January is so key for us, to suffer this kind of loss is hard. I am not wanting to be strong enough to deal with the week ahead. Right now I want to sit at home in my jammies, nursing my aching muscles and arthritic joints.  I want to get this darn flare that is threatening under control.

So many things are not good for my body, yesterday encompassed so many of them. Today, I need to take it down a notch.  The stress is the hardest part, I can control the external factors to a degree. The internal... not as much.

This morning I will knit on some socks, fix some jerky for my boys and try to deal with the more normal and mundane things.  Get my head in a good place. Reset my internal voice to its usual upbeat and positive self. 

My weekend plans have changed, drastically.  It's okay.  I know the next few weeks or months are going to be outrageous, there is going to be no normal for a bit.  Hubby is going to be based out of another building.  His office was completely destroyed. Mine isn't destroyed, but it is the proud recipient of all the boxes from his office. 

I have a million things running through my mind.  Things needing done, things that could and will happen, how to move forward.  I am concerned for my staff, I am concerned for my members, and the many people that rely on us.

It's going to be an interesting run for a while...

Last night to balance out my thoughts, to make life a bit less crazy, I got the chance to talk to my boy.  Sounds like he is putting all the bits of his life in place.  The I love you's I got from half way across the country from both my babies helped. 

I am hoping Hubby slept well.  Yesterday was brutal on him as well, he spent so much time in cold water, moving things, packing boxes, in serious high stress mode.  In the middle of the night he woke up shivering, I snuggled him up with the warmest blanket I could find.  I hope he fell back asleep.  It's quiet in the man cave this morning, so I am not even going to open the door.  Just in case he fell back asleep watching television when he got up this morning.  If I open the door the boys will rush in and wake him. 

He needs to be at the same meetings I do.  He needs to rest.

Today is a new day... there is always promise with a new sunrise... even when the rain blocks out the beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...