Saturday, May 12, 2018

dandelions...

Ugghhh... two weeks ago it was still cold and we were shivering.

It seemed that spring was never going to come.  In fact I was actually considering moving south.

Me.

South.

I know.  The absolute insanity of that is a bit mind boggling.

Then blink, turn a corner, open the door and suddenly summer.

We absolutely skipped spring this year.  All the trees are in full bloom, flowers everywhere, and oh yeah, the heat.  It went from cold and shivery to hot and humid almost overnight.

And oddly, I'm not hating it.  I mean, I am not at all loving it.  But, it isn't hot enough yet to say I'm hating it.

Hubs and I have been trying to enjoy family a bit more. We spent yesterday evening enjoying our daughter, grand daughters and her friends.  It was silly and fun, a nice evening in the cool breeze laughing and enjoying nothingness.  It was well needed.

I decided this morning that I want to make dandelion soap.  Walking the boys seeing so many dandelion's I felt confident the bees wouldn't mind much.  After all everyone was mowing them down and the fields are a bright yellow.  One and a half cup's of flowers is simply not that much.

I will have a tray of them wilting tonight, and dandelion tea brewing shortly.  It will be a hot process soap, so there will be none of that tedious waiting.  I hate to wait 6 weeks.  It seems like such a long time.

Oddly, it also seems that 6 weeks flies past when you have come to the back side of it.  Still, I expect I will enjoy having a new soap to try in the next few days.

I don't have time to work on too many soaps or bath bombs today.  We are going to be heading to a friends wedding down south today.  I cannot wait to share in their happiness. They are some of the most wonderful people I have ever been blessed to know. Actually, there are two couples that I adore getting married today.  Today is for them.

Tomorrow will be for me.

Tonight, we will celebrate love.

I would say that love is exactly what my sweet Hubs demonstrated standing outside in the humidity helping me gather my dandelions. I so enjoy the time we spend together. We used to spend a lot more time together.  At one time we spent every free moment doing wood working, fishing, riding.  There hasn't been much time together lately, and I think we are both missing it.

Because I have no idea why he would be willing to go out in the humidity and pick dandelions.  I'm laughing a bit thinking of it.  I mean after all, I doubt it was to smoke his cigar. 

We are doing everything we can to have more us time.  This morning we drove all the way into the city simply so he could have a Pharaohs donut. I mean they are amazing donuts, but still... I'd been telling him that he would love them! When you are willing to drive that far simply to spend time together, you definitely aren't spending enough time doing what is important.  We were going to ride the scooter in, but that humidity is taxing on me and he understood how miserable it would make me feel.  That my dear friends is love, because my sweet Hubs doesn't easily decide to not ride if the sun is out.

Take some time for your loved ones, and please remember that you are a loved one too!  It's time to get my oil fusing and the dandelion tea made before I go see my dear friend marry her best friend!  Life is good, you sometimes just have to look past the bumps to find the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...