Monday, March 21, 2016

moon rise...

Moon rise tonight was so beautiful. Bright against the brighter sky.  It sparkled in the setting sun.  Rising higher as the sky dimmed.  Hubs and I walked down to my daughter's.  Did a clucker and meow count.  All the fish were accounted for, the snake and lizard appear to be well.

It was so beautiful this evening.  I was planning to walk, even if Hubs didn't.  I really am on a mission. I'd walked down this morning while he was showering. Each trip up the hill is getting easier.  I am trying to focus on walking 10,000 steps each day.  I've been trying for a couple of weeks.  First, the knee was giving me fits.  Then the right foot was hurting so much the idea of squeezing an extra walk in wasn't going to happen. New shoes that support my foot better seem to be making a difference.  The last three days I have exceeded my goal.  It feels good.  I feel stronger.

Like I am finally breaking out of my shell.  I feel like I am taking control of my life again.  Less pain.  Each day, it's a bit better. My knee is feeling so much stronger.  I am sure a lot of it was the shot, I am prayerful that I will not need another one. But in order for that to happen, I have a lot more walking to do.  Many more steps, miles to cover.  Muscles to strengthen.

I am hoping to squeeze in some water aerobics tomorrow.  Not sure.  I work late to provide support for my newest staff member, and have a ton of work to get completed, few short deadlines.

Unfortunately, last night was far too short, and my eyes are burning.  So sleep is calling me... it's time to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...