Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am a Christmas Addict...

Okay, I admit it... I am one of those freaks that can listen to Christmas time any time of the year.  And I love when the local stations switch to all Christmas music.  Oh I admit that some genre's drive me insane, but shouldn't we all have those beautiful melodies however we like them?  I try so hard to be respectful of folks that don't like Christmas music, I really do.  I limit my listening so that it doesn't offend or aggravate anyone, although I truly do not know how you could not love Christmas music!!

It's calming to me.  Maybe it is the simple reminder of what the season and holiday is about, maybe it is about the gift it represents to me.  It's possible that it is reminds my heart to be generous and giving.  I don't know, but it is a surefire way to calm me and center me.

Although I do have to admit that the house in full Christmas lights last night while driving home was a bit jarring to me.  I do try to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. This year though... I think we might put it up a bit early.  It's the first holiday season in a long time that my boy is home, and I want to make it lasting.  He is like me and loves it!

I am also excited because so many of my friends and family have small businesses, and so many people like me are choosing to focus on those small businesses to fill their Christmas lists.  They aren't rushing to the mall to buy something mass produced.  They are putting some thought and energy into their lists and supporting small at the same time!  I love it!  I have a crazy list of requests and as my fingers work on the projects at hand my heart is full.  Just like when I am looking at the list of candles my friend makes and ordering Thirty-One from my cousin for gifts. I fully believe in supporting small.  It makes me happy when I can do that.  It isn't about the quantity of the gifts, it's about the love and thought that goes into what you give. 

Right now, I think I am going to turn on that station that plays my Christmas tunes and get out my needles and make some progress before I start that "schnitzel with noodles"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...