Thursday, January 17, 2013

reset?

I considered staying home in bed today, it was one of those get up and go's, got up and gone kind of days.  Everything was making me growly this morning, my tooth hurt, I hadn't been able to sleep and I just felt yucky. Everything on the news was making me even crankier... what kind of day could this possibly turn out to be?

The drive across the bridge was annoying to say the least, the drive through the construction zones was particularly ugly as the sky was so over cast and dreary.  Dumped my purse on the floor of the car and spent an additional 15 minutes picking everything up.

Yep, it was going to be long, dreary day.

Fast forward an hour or two and I got a text from my sister... actually a series of texts.  It's funny how talking about making bread is the best way to cheer up the day.  The only thing better would have been actually making that bread myself!

By the time we'd finished text messaging each other, I had moved into a better place. My tooth still hurt, and I was still tired, but my soul was smelling fresh baked bread on a cold winter's day.  It was easier to focus and get things finished.

Amazing how little things can change the whole day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...