Monday, January 14, 2013

brrrrrrr.......

Sunrise through the frost...
brrrrrr... so beautiful to see the January sunrise through a frosted window while enjoying a steaming hot cup of coffee. Monday's are always the day that I savor the morning.  Strange, I know, but it's my late night so I get to extend my weekend by just a few hours.  I get to ease into the work week.

I am not an organized person by nature, I create my own special chaos.  I excel at finding excuses to delay the things that cause me fear.  It's time to put all those excuses behind me, all those reasons to not step out of the box and do what I want.  Come on, admit it, I am not the only procrastinator out there! 

Its a powerful feeling to start the week after such productive weekend (yes, I know that is the Christmas tree still standing tall beside my chair).  I finished Dad's memory quilt, got my entire pile of mending done, started two more quilts, and worked on several crochet projects that I plan to wrap up today.  Even found the yarn I want to use for my niece's wristers. 

Wow, that list looks a bit overwhelming!  And yet I feel energized by it all, although I might need a white board to keep me from forgetting a project.   I have finally decided to take orders for custom projects and will eventually open an Etsy shop.

The final destination is a small place that hubby and I found last spring.  He has so much vision and he is fearless, the perfect foil for a person like me.  I can finally see it too.  This year the focus is the future, we will somehow manage to purchase that little spot and start building it into our dream. 

I heard this weekend that if you want something to happen you must speak it into existence... so... watch out world the dream is being born!




1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...