Wednesday, January 12, 2022

sunrises...

This week is flying past, I cannot believe it is already Wednesday.  It's off to a great start, not even going to kid myself about that one.  Puppies slept through the night for the second night in a row.  They outgrew the kennel that is upstairs so they've been sleeping in the big kennel on the main floor.  Unbelievably, they stopped waking up in the middle of the night when that happened.  I'm now debating if I want a second kennel, or will just allow them to stay in this one until they are trained enough to sleep on their beds all night without destroying the house. I could seriously get used to sleeping at least 8 hours again.  I'm just saying it's a really nice feeling. 

I so enjoyed seeing the sunrise instead of the stars when I woke up.  I also prefer to take them outside in the light, they still don't know what a leash is and we do have a few wild critters out back.  So taking them out in the middle of the night is way more anxiety inducing than I am up for in the wee hours.  Add to that, they aren't able to handle the stairs on their own yet, and they are getting a bit big to carry up and down the stairs in the middle of the night.  I am far more stable than I was even a month ago, but I still get a bit nervous.  I can't believe they are 9 weeks old today.  Time is simply flying past. 

Spent this morning taking care of "business" the stuff that happens when you buy a vehicle, almost feeling I should invest in a lottery ticket or something, that's how smooth it all is going.  Called the insurance company and felt the familiar sinking in the stomach that comes with the automated voice telling me my wait would be 20 minutes, only to be listening to my options and trying to decide what to pick and getting a real person in the middle of it.  Twelve full minutes later, I am done!  I needed the mental victory today!

Heck, I wish I could share the victory.  Hubs and I have so many dear family and friends that are struggling hard right now and we would give anything to be able to make things better for them.  Tomorrow night we will go straight from the puppies first vet appointment to a memorial service for a dear friends sister.  I wish I could be there to support my sister this weekend, but I am not sure I could make it happen.  I also don't want to be more of a burden on her. So much hurt in the world right now. 

I have a ton of errands to take care of maybe today, I can't remember where all I need to go to do things like registering my car and getting my plates after I pay the taxes.  Ya know, the "good stuff".  All I remember is that it is a total pain in the bum and you can't do any of it in the same place. Not going to say I am excited about that adventure.  

So weird had no where to be for seven months get a car and there are errands that need ran.  I guess Hubs was spoiling me pretty good after my car died and I had my knee replaced.  Time to start being an equal partner in this relationship again. I have been so grateful for all of his love and support, I firmly believe that is the true measure of love, when you are simply there.  And to the point the other person doesn't have to worry, stress or even realize that they've done it all until you are ready to step back into the game. We are always there for one another.  I am truly blessed and grateful for that. 

FYI - we are not spoiled!

It's time to try to tidy my house again now that the babies are taking another morning nap (they must be growing - they sure nap a lot lately), I have floors to mop, laundry to finish and I am seriously trying to work on decluttering the house (not making much progress, but I am trying).  

love and peace everyone!

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...