Tuesday, January 11, 2022

a thing...

The sun breaking over the horizon is so beautiful today.  I'm listening to the birds singing and if I didn't know better I would say it is the start of a breathtaking spring morning.  It's still bitterly cold, but will warm up to almost 50 today, no wonder the birds can't decide what the season is. I'd say Mother Nature is definitely going through something lately.  It's all part of the changes in our world I'm sure. 

Hubs took off to do Hubs things a short bit ago, before he left I started to tell him that tonight we need to go and run an errand, then I remembered that yesterday I did a thing. After 7 months of not having a vehicle, I gave in.  It's a new to me Subaru Forester.  Did I need it?  Probably not, am I thankful for it?  Yep.  It has plenty of space to get my babies and I wherever we want to go comfortably.  Hubs made the decision to not retire in April, just didn't feel the timing was right.  The reason I wasn't getting a vehicle is because there was no need with him retiring as we are always together.  


It was the oddest thing yesterday, I didn't feel trapped or like my freedom was compromised in the least, yet when I realized I could now go further than my own two legs would carry me and do so without asking for a ride or waiting until it was convenient for anyone else, I suddenly felt empowered. It was a strange feeling, one I hadn't expected. 

Although, now that I can go places, I also realize that I really have no where that I want or need to go.  In a few weeks when the babies are vaccinated and it's safe to take them places we might start going for walks at local parks or I can even go visit friends and family that aren't close.  Although the odds of me doing that are fairly low, I generally only go places with Hubs.  This new amount of freedom might be a bit strange to me after the confinement of the past year.  I mean I've only recently started even going in stores on my own.  

It is nice knowing that if my family needs me, I can be flexible now.  It's nice knowing that I can chase after the grands without worry.  So I guess I am okay with being a car owner again, after such a long period of time.  Ironically, I am leaving a lot of my self imposed restrictions this past few months I guess.  Not one but two fur babies after over a year.  New vehicle.  New life.  New knee. 



So many changes.  So many more to come. Definitely spreading my wings in new directions and exploring life from a completely different state of mind.  Life might be bumpy, unstable, maddening, sad, exciting, complex and a million other things, one thing is for certain, it is never boring. 

love and peace... 


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...