Tuesday, January 25, 2022

satisfying...

I haven't felt like writing, I have felt like cleaning and organizing.  I know a lot of folks seem to be spring cleaning kind of people.  I am not.  For some reason, I love to clean and organize at the beginning of the year and in September.  I'm truly not sure why, but it is huge for me on a basic level.  The weekend involved completely emptying the kitchen pantry, doing repairs to the shelves, scrubbing everything down and organizing the crap out of it.  I have little boxes and lazy Susan type holders through out.  I got rid of so much stuff!  Things we can't/won't eat now got donated.  Extra appliances got donated to family or thrift stores and if it hasn't been out of the cabinet in a year or more it is gone. The level of clean is absolutely therapeutic!

Yesterday was spent cooking for Hubs work team one last time, at least for the five day stretch.  Realized I will be cooking for them again on Thursday for their monthly lunch and learn (as I semi-encouraged this I am not about to whine).  After that, I decided to finally get the ironing done and more cleaning out of closets and clothing.  It seems like I have been doing that task forever!  But I have to try it all on and then move it on.  It's a bit time consuming.  I am also finding that some of it has emotional attachments so I am slowly working through that.  I hate parting with something I love, even if it is way to big now. Silly, I know, but... it's me. 

It felt amazing to wake up this morning to a clean bedroom, where I could see the sofa, the shoes were all put away and all that was left was to vacuum and change the bed clothes this morning.  

I simply need my space clean. Something about starting the new year with everything fresh and organized makes my spirit feel energized and renewed.  And honestly the more I clear out, the more energized I am feeling.  My daughter looked at the pictures of my pantry and said it had to feel so satisfying.  I loved that phrase, because it completely describes how it feels.  


Satisfying.  I am fairly certain that should be one of my words for 2022.  

It feels so empowering, I don't feel like a victim to my possessions.  I am ready to tackle the next unorganized space.  My soap/candle making closet.  It's all just kind of piled in many locations and I don't exactly know what I have in there.  Each time I try to work on a project I realize I either don't have a key supply or I don't remember what I bought it for.  Before the weekend, that task will be complete.  


This organization thing is powerful. It gives me a feeling of being in control of my life, in control of everything around me in a world that is completely out of control.  I completely understand why my daughter is so uber organized, and if I was envious before now it is downright jealousy that she is so far ahead in this organization game.  


The babies were sleeping, the chaos surrounding them is not something that I am going to be able to skirt around, they aren't even 11 weeks yet.  But their chaos is not bad when the rest of it is in control.  There will still be accidents to clean up, puppy toys to pick up and lots of puppy breaks for loves, but all in all those are the bits and pieces that bring the love and joy. Right now they are zipping around, sitting on my feet bringing their treasure to my lap.  They are definitely bringing me much joy. 

My great nephew called and requested I make him a royal blue and yellow scarf so I want to get that done around puppies and chores today.  My youngest grand daughter has requested some "French Fry Soap" her term for a batch that didn't stay together correctly - as she has finally used all of hers and Hubs let me know he had to reschedule Thursday's lunch and learn, so some of the stuff I was frantic about finishing can be done more leisurely.  I've been practicing stopping and slowing down.  Going to parks and laughing in the midst of the "work", it's made it all so much smoother and easier to navigate. Time to enjoy the little things that make life beautiful!

love and peace...



1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...