Sunday, May 25, 2014

Head in the clouds....

I think she's lost her mind... what do you think??
Dreary outside, day dreaming inside... this is a promising start to the day! Although I must say Pinterest is evil.  It definitely has me wishing away this lingering, nasty illness and wanting to spend a day searching for just the right old dresser.

I have decided I need an old dresser to disassemble and paint.  The new digs are much larger than where we are now, with space and more rooms.  It is calling to my inner decorator.  I haven't done much with this house, there aren't a lot of options.  Rooms are pretty set in how they can be used and the furniture that will fit.  I am not complaining, it's been perfectly fine.

But now that there are options?  Now that I can have the things that make me smile, now that my imagination can run wild... well... it's off at a full gallop! I have always loved painted wood anything.  I guess my passion for ammo boxes shows that.  And after two sick days spent drooling over the ideas on Pinterest... well... let's just leave it at that.

As soon as I get to feeling better, I actually need to spend time cleaning out this house.  Making plans for it.  I was a military brat, moving so frequently that stuff didn't accumulate, you were forced to make hard choices.  Having moved here in 2003 and not moved an inch since, well, lets just say that hasn't been the case.  It's so easy to put stuff away and say I will deal with it a different day.  That day never comes, but somehow you always think it will.

A bit of sunshine on a gloomy day
Right now as long as I don't move, I don't cough and I can breathe, so I have been working on finishing a few random projects.  I started a wall hanging for my girl last year, it was supposed to be her house warming present.  I got crazy busy at work, and it is still not finished.  I showed her it a bit ago, and she loved it.  Talk about motivation to finish!  So sitting ever so still yesterday I started working on finishing it.  At this rate, I might be able to get it done this weekend.

I gathered all the bits I needed to make a wall hanging for myself.  I last made it somewhere around 1992 or 1993 for a friend.  I always wanted one for my own kitchen, but simply never had a kitchen big enough to worry about it. I do now, and the best part is, the kitchen is the perfect color for the style. I am so amazed by that fact.  I have wanted it for so long now.  Seems one more sign this was meant to be.

Next week we will do our inspection, next week it will really feel real.  Next week I will take a million pictures, start decorating in my head.  I am fascinated with the two fireplaces.  One on each floor.  I love a fireplace.  Neither mantel is huge, my snowy village won't fit.  But that is okay, I am sure I will find the perfect home for it.

Yep... heads in the clouds...
I am day dreaming and pinning in between stitching and resting.  All in all it's not such a bad way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...