Monday, October 7, 2019

another week...

I slept through the alarm again.  And have been rushing like crazy ever since.  This cold is seriously kicking my bum. It is definitely a 10 - 14 day recovery.  Even taking medicine, which leads me to believe, or rather confirms my belief, that the medicine does nothing more than make some big pharma company a bit more money. As I am channeling my inner "Edith Ann" swinging my feet and saying "and that's the truthhhhh".

I don't really have the time to sit here, I should be jumping in the shower, getting ready to tackle another day.  Today, I need a slower start.  I have only been awake for an hour, and I've fixed breakfast, packed lunches, walked the dog and ironed Hub's clothes for the week.  Not bad.  But for a moment, I need to sit.  I need to drink my coffee and enjoy the silence of this cool Autumn morning. 

My back/hips are still hurting from the every uncomfortable bench I sat on at brunch yesterday.  Won't be making that mistake again.  They were not designed with comfort in mind.  They look welcoming, cozy and a place that beckons you to linger.  Reality they are angled like a mid-evil torture device.  I should have given in and soaked yesterday it might have helped loosen the muscles.  This stupid cold won yesterday and I didn't do much of anything at all!

I don't do well when challenged with illness. I do not have the patience and it is starting to show.  I know I am being cranky, I don't like things to slow my stride.  I will naturally slow it myself when I need rest, external (or in this case internal) forces are not needed.


Nothing on the want to do list really got accomplished.  Well sort of.  Hubs did get me the perfect knitting needles and I have a few beautiful inches of lace worked up.  It's a hand dyed skein of the most lovely shades of blue.  And for a change it is for me. He also snuck in a skein of beautiful blue alpaca yarn, I was eyeing it to make him a scarf - I think he would look wonderful in that color.  He thought I was looking at it for me, nope.  So once I finish mine, I feel I shall start on his.

Laundry is still semi-finished. No cooking class happened - I wasn't able to find a zucchini for my "cutting demo" - how does everyone run out of zucchini in the fall? The soaps are still just day dreams in my mind.  Yep... completely unproductive. 


Unless, like me you consider slowing down and connecting with family productive.  Hours spent with grands, a long leisurely swing in the girls backyard while the chili simmered on the stove.  Chats and emails, simply being.  Healing.


Hubs had to rush off to work today, lately 7:30 am is the "cool" time to have meetings.  I completely do not understand it, but hey... That's a bit brutal on a Monday morning, but I'm not judging.  Not at all.

As a result, I had the honor of taking the Neeko for his morning walk.  Bundled up in my favorite Harley jacket we strolled off in the early morning light.  The sun hadn't quite risen, and everything was a soft pink gray.  It was beautiful.  We got to see a beautiful white tailed deer.  Head held high bouncing across the road.  I love that we live close enough to the country to have critters and close enough to the city to be able to do things.  I could probably move a bit more "out"... but I also love living just up the hill from my favorite little people.

Mr. Neeks is really slowing down.  He's almost 15, unheard of for his breed.  Hubs and I both have been having a lot of Gator dreams, they seem so real.  It worries me. I am wondering if he's just trying to break it to us that soon he will meet Neeko at the Rainbow Bridge.  I know he's an extreme senior, but he is our last baby and I assure you I am not ready for that kind of silence in the house.

We've both been very guilty of spoiling him a bit more.  Buying his favorite snacks and taking longer walks.  Extra snuggles, why of course. I worry a bit more each day.  I am definitely not ready to pack away toys and beds.  Not yet, I wonder if I truly will ever be ready.  I am also not ready to lose all of them in the same year, so he needs to slow it down and bit and just enjoy being the only child.


I'm seeing the sun sneaking over the top of the trees.  That must mean it is about time to head upstairs and get ready for the day.  I might be dragging my feet a bit.  I have a presentation to finish building.  I hate giving presentations, so I am fairly sure somewhere deep in my subconscious I am telling myself if I don't finish it I won't have to present it.  Nope, I will have to present it on Thursday, whether I am ready or not. Better to be ready.

 I cannot understand why the weekend flies so quickly by, but it did... Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...