Thursday, April 21, 2016

peaceful...

Sitting on the deck watching the clouds hurry past, enjoying a Jack 'n Coke with the Hubs.  The sun isn't quite ready to be put to bed.  It's glowing a beautiful amber color as it sinks below the front of the house. The beautiful green leaves are glowing a soft green against that brilliant blue sky.  I love sitting out back on my deck as the day is ending.

Driving home I was hopeful that Hubs had made dinner.  I know that is a long shot.  He claims to not be a good cook, I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that he loves my cooking better.   Although I do remember him telling me at one time, long before us, that he really enjoyed soup and sandwiches.  I remember all the cans of soup when I first moved here... hmmmm...

I've been wanting egg rolls for a bit.  Not the kind you buy at the local store or restaurant, but the homemade kind.  Hot and fresh.  I am blessed, I learned way back in Jr High how to make egg rolls.  One of the best benefits of being a military brat is the diversity of experiences.

My neighbor down a few floors taught me way back when to make egg rolls.  Those first few, long before I learned to not add so much liquid, had a tendency to tear and be messy.  Good, but messy.


I don't make them often.  Not that they require much effort, but because I usually have no effort left when I get home.

Tonight, I felt like I was cheating.  It's the very first time I've ever made my egg rolls without made from scratch hot mustard sauce.  I do know how to make my own, but it has to be done a day before, and I wanted egg rolls tonight!

It was so fun standing in the kitchen sipping my jack 'n coke, trying to talk with Hubs, mostly listening to music that I didn't recognize primarily because I was 5 or 6 when it was released.  For some reason tonight it didn't matter.



I was really expecting Hubs to be engrossed in Prince.  His untimely death a very sad thing.

Me simply excited to see if my garden has sprouting...





As the evening is drifting away, the music fading and the dinner and drinks over, Hubs is drifting off to sleep cozy in his recliner, I am simply ready to call it a night...

It's been a busy day, full of all the important things in life... ready to rest... how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...