Monday, February 3, 2014

Hidden in Plain Sight...

A restful weekend at home.  That's what I needed.  It's what I took.  January caused me to break a lot of rules that I have for myself.  The adventures it brought with it, pushed boundaries that I knew better than to cross.  I am paying for it now.

I was lucky enough to get Lyme disease almost 18 years ago. I won't say it was the greatest experience in the world, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  But 18 years is a long time and I have learned how to control the remnants of issues left by it without taking medication (yuck!) and for the most part functioning normally.

I have learned the boundaries that I need to respect, and how to control nasty flares over those years.  Generally, I am a bit stringent on what I will and won't do. Last month, I threw caution aside and proceeded without fear or remembrance of what would be waiting. 

As always, I remember now.  Stupidity knows no boundaries.  I left property management because I simply couldn't physically take it.  The brutal cold has not helped.

It will wain again, it always does. It just takes time. The rational side of my brain knows that the amount of time is all relative, it feels like forever, soon it will be forgotten again. I am sure it is very similar to what all the Broncos fan's felt last night.  I am not a sports fan but those few hours lasted forever.
finished number 2

I took the time I needed to be still and as stress free as I could this weekend.  The majority of the time was spent in my jammies, curled up in my comfy chair, working on projects that required little movement.  Hubby and I watched hours and hours of old movies and television shows. It was easier to get up today.  Not sure it was enough time, but at least it was a start.

started number 3
This morning will be busy... I hope it doesn't undo all of the weekend's rest.  Sadly, I can't curl up and mend for longer.  The turtle's aquarium needs cleaned, the laundry needs done and so does the ironing.  Major chores will have to wait.  I will take it slow.  I don't have much of a choice.  It doesn't mean I won't be productive and take care of my responsibilities, it means I will simply move slower in getting them done.

If you have friends or family that have "invisible" illnesses, please try and be understanding. When you encounter a person that seems to be moving slower or struggling please try and remember that not everything meets the eye.  Sometimes that person is struggling with things that are bigger than themselves.

Sometimes compassion and understanding will help someone more than you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...