Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Our new life... In progress...

My list of woulda, coulda and shoulda's is pretty long and intense.  I know there is a long list of things that I should be doing.  Or could be doing... or even would be doing.  But I am sitting in my sweet living room, curled up with my Gator and Hubby, listening to the thunder and rain.  The lightening seems to have passed... the woods out back looking deep hazy green.

I'm tired, actually I am worn out.  It has been a crazy few weeks.  In fact I can't believe it's already the start of the second week of July.

The Garden spot... Coming together...
The move is progressing slowly... I need to find more time to bring stuff over. I am finding a lot of times that I am looking for something, trying to remember which house it's in.  Isn't that what they call first world problems?  In my world, I am easy enough to confuse, I need no further help in wondering where I have put what, and better yet... why!

The news just said there are many more storms moving through.  I am going to laugh if the morning finds the sprinkler going off.  Hubby accidentally un-programmed the sprinkler, and then reprogrammed it.  Only time is going to tell. Well, evidently our sprinkler has a rain sensor... it was raining, so it didn't go off.  Hmmmm... giggle of the day has been averted!

a July 4th Angel!
 


Hubby and I were so blessed this past weekend, our sweet Grand Baby hung out with us!  Our second weekend in our new home and we were visited by our angel. She helped us hang tile in our new kitchen, I needed a back splash, I am a slightly messy cook.  And our appliances were coming on Saturday.  Together we hung the back splash, and talked.  I treasure time with her, and it was so fun to listen to her chatter while we were working.  She is so smart and funny!

The start...
making progress...
almost done...
Just needs the paint and it's finished!
We had multiple adventures with fireworks.  Seems the town we live right outside of has their fireworks on July 3rd.  Note to self... Don't try to go to the grocery store until after 10:30 pm on the third in Twin Oaks... wow!  Although if you want to see amazing fireworks... definitely put it on the calendar.  We did.
Yes, at Gramma's you can have strawberry short cake for breakfast!
Who need BBQ for the 4th! Baby girl wanted Hibachi Grill...
July 4th, found us sitting at a local school watching fireworks and enjoying a mini-picnic with our girl.  I was loving the selfies that she was taking of herself for her mommy.  Hard to believe she is almost eight.


I fell out laughing when she was trying to get a picture of fireworks and she couldn't get a clear one, so her solution was to take a picture off my camera.  I love that clever little angel.  She wanted to be sure that Mom had a clear shot of what she was seeing.

Ended up falling asleep last night... my brain and body simply couldn't go on any further.  Although I woke up refreshed and ready to face the day this morning.  It sure did rain last night, seems I slept through some amazing storms if the sidewalks and roads are any indications.

I find that I am loving the quality time walking with my boys in the morning.  For 12 years I have missed, maybe mourned, not having sidewalks.  I am used to having sidewalks, I love the connection they create.

Each of the boys have very different styles and when Hubby and I walk them together I always end up with Neeko.  He doesn't pull me as much as he pulls on Hubby, he's gentler.  He has some educating on walking on a leash to do.  He's not really spent much of his life strolling, so it usually ends up being a combination of a stroll followed by the occasional sprint.  It never goes well for him.

My Gator is a stroller, he will stretch his walk.  Taking the time to stop and smell not every rose, but each blade of grass and insuring he covers every inch of the walk.  He does not like it when I have to walk Neeko, he is mom's baby and doesn't want me to forget it.

This morning is the start of a new day, more to tackle, another load moved, more inputting of information into computer systems... and hopefully more tables and chairs painted so I can start bringing more into the house and out of the garage.  I don't care for the chaos of moving.  I want to get as much done as I can with every spare minute.  I only have two more days off before I go to Brazil... I just don't think I am going to get the other house emptied.

adding color
more color...
Dining room set... before...
First coat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

as planned...

Don't you love it when a plan goes kerplunk kerplewy? That is how I was feeling a few moments ago.  Pups woke me up super early so I'...