Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's just one week...

Why is it a one week shift in the holiday schedules and my life goes in the can?  It's one week... but it sure makes life hectic.  Here it is Thursday and I am carving out a minute.  And what a week it's been.

I was blessed to see one of my "kids" from Germany for about 30 minutes on their cross country trek to their new home.  She brought her sweet baby girl for me to meet and her hubby!  It makes me so happy to see how good her life has turned out and to see her beautiful smile at both of them.  That just made my day! That was Monday...

Tuesday I got to spend time with my boy helping him find all the information that it needed to fill out a full security clearance form.  Whew... good thing I hold on to things.  And even then we needed a few "life lines".  He had a point when he said "why do they need all of this... the NSA already has it all!" That form is the devil and definitely ate up some serious hours... but it's the first step in the next stage of his life - so it needed to be done.

Wednesday ended up simply being toast... Big event at work, extreme exhaustion from lack of sleep the two previous days and a late night at work... The bonus was a surprise coffee and visit from my sweet daughter.  I had asked her to come to the event as a seat filler (she thought I wanted her to help me "fill" a room by moving stuff) as we were worried our RSVP's wouldn't show up. She had something at 1:30, so I had told her to not worry, I didn't want her late for her appointment.  So it was a total happy surprise when she showed up, bringing coffee on top of it all.

Here it is Thursday and I am wondering where did the week go?  I have so much to do and not sure where the time is going to come from...

I still haven't even finished decorating!  My tree is up so is the Christmas village and that is it...

The weekend will come and I will catch up... maybe... anyone else struggling with this darn missing time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...