Thursday, August 15, 2019

where is the sun?

The moon hasn't even set yet, and I am sitting here ready for work. Coffee is hot and strong, although I am kind of wishing I had a large glass of the cold brew tea I got yesterday.  Hubs wasn't a fan, but I loved it!  And it had enough caffeine that my sleepy brain was able to function amazingly yesterday afternoon.

Sweet potatoes are finishing in the pressure cooker for breakfast and I am thinking about what lunch should look like.  It is going to be a high pressure day.  With back to back meetings and so much needing to be be accomplished. I won't have time to go out again or Seedz would definitely get another visit.  Both of us enjoyed our lunches so much and the atmosphere was perfect for a brain reset mid-day.

School has started and as usual finding enough people to work sites has been challenging.  I talk to all of my peers and we are all in the same place.  Struggling to find enough people that want to work.  So while we search, it's time for all of us to step up and work sites.  For the next few weeks my days are going to begin super early.  And I still feel like I am not doing enough to support my incredible child care director.  She is the one working even longer hours trying to fill holes. 

That low unemployment rate is definitely a double edged sword.  If they are amazing, there are probably people fighting over them. And those that don't have jobs, don't seem to want to have one.  Ugghhh...

It's okay. We will survive, just like we survive everything. I mean seriously the fact that we wake up every morning, is proof we've survived it all.  I have to admit I am a bit sleepy though.

The rest of vacation seems to rapidly be dwindling.  It isn't that I've forgotten to relax, it's just been a crazy week.  I think we are going to seriously unwind this weekend.  There is a class I am wanting to take on Saturday about the Shamanic journey - yes I know I am different, but I love to learn and explore new ideas, thoughts and processes.  And then if the weather cooperates I really want to sweet talk the Hubs into a float trip on Sunday.  A few hours completely disconnected from today's lifestyle sounds heavenly.

For now, I just have to make it through two more days.... so much to accomplish, I need to lift up people that I can and accomplish my ever expanding to do list. 

Here's to a fantastic and productive day... I sure hope it's mellow and beautiful, but I know that whatever waits I will survive it!  Hope you do too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...