Sunday, December 24, 2017

enough...

I know I've been a bit silent.

And sitting here alone on this beautiful night, with the lights glittering off the snow that my boy wanted for Christmas outside, and softly illuminating the room so I can see to type, I just wanted to take a minute.

I've been busy enjoying this blessed holiday season.  My boy flew home and we've been busy doing normal family things.  Mom's been cooking him too much of his favorite food, he won't be home for another two years so it is possible he's been gorging himself a bit. We've been playing board games, going to see Christmas lights and family. My girl has been around almost as much.

As a mom, this is the best Christmas ever!  Just to have my babies home, it's enough. Hubs and I are so thankful for the laughter and fun.  Family meals and late night chats.

We decorated the tree together, like when he was little telling the tales of the ornaments as we went.

We are a bit behind, but snowy village made the scene today.  Each house lit and placed just right.

Some holiday traditions have faded, some are sparkling bright.  And still others have formed to fill the place of those that have left us.

As I am surrounded by all of this plenty.  I just wanted to take a moment.  Nothing more.

To wish each of you the love and blessings of this special season.  I hope that each of us finds a new year full of love, happiness and joy in the coming year!!  May you always have enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...