Tuesday, September 5, 2017

it's staycation time...

It's been a day of listening to old country songs, dragging my mind back in time.  September has arrived in a beautiful fall fashion, crispy evening and early morning air and beautiful, breezy cool days. I am in love.

Tonight walking the boys I was I remembering when we used to take vacation at this time of the year every year.  We'd head south to Sullivan and our little spot on Piney Creek.  I remembered why tonight. I love this time of the year.  It seems to be a gift for surviving a miserable mid-west summer.

Today as my brain was going a million different directions, following the cuts I was making on the quilt I am working on. Hubs and I are on a staycation.  We both seriously needed it.  I wanted to go see my boy, but he's busy getting ready for the next part of his life journey and I needed to be closer just in case.

Today was a stay at home and work on the "to do" list.  Tomorrow will probably find us out and about on the motorcycle again.  I have to go back on Friday, so I am definitely watching those precious days of vacation grow shorter. I am behind on two quilts I owe to others and I have been working on that while Hubs is vegging out in front of the television.  The peace I find in books, the journeys and the travels my brain can take, he finds in the fantasy, fiction and non-fiction acted out for him. I think the most important thing is that we are both simply resetting.  It feels so good.  My brain isn't being forced to work, unless I want it to.  Each day has involved a nap, porch sitting and rest.

Good German lunch... 

Winery #1


Can you see the grapes?  I think these are the Norton's

because he always rushes to take a photo for people <3


The past few days have found us roaming about on the motorcycle, enjoying wineries, and simply being.

My favorite wine. Vignoles


The garden & live music


Plenty of room to dance, too bad I don't...

Winery #2



Do you see the early changing colors?

Bloody Mary Break in Kimmswick


It's been very peaceful.  Given us both time to step back.  Even spending some time with the youngest grand baby.

Can you believe the Panda is 6 months already?

I've started following Jay Shetty on Facebook.  He is so positive and forces you to think about things from different perspectives. Recently he shared a post about the three loves we will find in our lives.  It really spoke to me.  It keeps popping back up in my brain, that is how I know I was meant to "hear" the words.

It talked about the first love being that wild crazy doomed from the start love.  Yep, been there.  It ended.  Although I have a beautiful, smart, wonderful, intelligent, wild, crazy, compassionate daughter that I cherish as a reminder.  The article said this one was usually short and insane.  Check that one off.

The second love was the one that maybe, kinda, should'a worked.  It's that person that you love, but isn't "the" person.  It is real, it genuine and all too often it is wrong.  It's just they aren't "that" third person, the ONE.  Sometimes they are or sometimes we just settle for good enough.  Been there too.  It took a long time to accept that wasn't the final chapter.  From that section of my life book, I have a gentle, loving, crazy intelligent, handsome, compassionate, genius of a son.  His golden eyes and sweet smile warm my heart. Check that one off too.

My love, my heart, my other half... together we are one

The third person, for those of us lucky enough to get there, is "the one".  The person that makes you whole.  That can make you smile when it's the last thing crossing your mind.  The one that quite silence is okay with.  They are your soul mate.  You can complete each other's sentences, even when you are complete opposites.  You laugh, love, smile, share, and exist simply to complete that other person.  You are finally able to be yourself, to be comfortable in the silence, to not have to be side by side all the time, because you don't have to.

Yep, check that one off too.  Hubs is the ying to my yang, he is the light to my dark and the complete opposite at the same time.  So many times we seem to share the exact same brain waves. He used to always type GMTA - great minds think alike - when we were thousands of miles apart, and communicating via instant messenger.

As I was listening to the music, my mind dancing seamlessly between the past, the present and day dreaming about the future, songs that defined my life playing.  I felt calm and blessed.  I remember struggling through so many times in my past.  Daydreaming of how to either survive or run from what seemed hopeless situations.

I'm finally at a place of peace.  I have a husband that is also my best friend.  Who understands that even though it is only 62 degrees out, when I send him a text that says "it's pistachio night".  He not only understands, he rushes upstairs with car keys and a wallet, because he knows it's my favorite and I will gladly freeze to have a scoop or two as they only have it once or twice a month and they close in 2.5 months.  Yep... he simply gets me!

Full moon and we have the place to ourselves!


Listening to all my old favorites, the sound track of my life.  I am so thankful that I have made it to number 3.  To that true, honest, pure, forever love!  I often joke the greatest gift my ex gave me was leaving me.  It's really only a semi joke, because if he hadn't... I wouldn't have Hubs in my life.  My heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...