Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Heading Home...

Sitting here in the silence, Hubby snoozing softly - a pre-lunch nap, watching the snow coming down outside the hospital window and praying it doesn't stick.  Or maybe praying it does.  Falling on the hospital roof tops it is not nearly as beautiful as on the trees in the backyard.

I have mixed feelings about this week.  I've been sheltered from the chaos that is causing destruction and now death in my adopted city sitting here in this hospital room.  Part of me thankful for not having to go into the city itself away from the highway closings and strife.  My heart is going out to my co-workers and friends that are not that lucky.  Part of me feels like I am neglecting the very people I could be helping.

Right now, at this point in time, I am right where I need to be.  By my husband.

Yesterday was not a good one for him.  He didn't sleep well the night before, the pain too much to handle. As the doc keeps saying he's a big guy and giving him the same treatment as a 100 pound woman is not effective.  He spiked a fever last night, and was awake for a bit of the night, another reason he's sleeping now.

He's doing well all considering, the doctor was quite pleased.  He is very wobbly and to see him so unsure when he walks is difficult.  I know he will sleep better when he gets home and snuggled up in his own bed. Don't we all?


The snow is still coming down, fast and heavy... maybe mother nature is trying to help cool off the heads that are ravaging our town.  Maybe, just maybe the snow and cold will convince them to stop, take a deep breath and realize that what they are doing is solving nothing.  That it isn't changing peoples hearts for the better and it is setting an already ugly situation back to before the civil rights movement.  People are not impressed, they are horrified.

The Thanksgiving Day parade has been cancelled.  They are afraid of violence.  This breaks my heart, I wasn't going to be able to go, but I was going to watch it on television.

I am really tired of all this insanity.  It simply does not make sense... I can only deal with one thing right now and for the moment it needs to be the hubby... and questioning how much fun it isn't going to be getting him in and out of the car and into the house in the snow... Oh my...

Well, I succeeded in getting him out of the car, into the house and into bed.  Whew!  Well actually, my girl and the GB helped me do all of that. I am fairly sure I could have done it myself, but I sure appreciated the extra help.  I was so afraid he was going to fall down the stairs.

Those sweet girls met us with a big bag of ice for the ice pack they sent us home with, it's totally cool and really allows me to keep his leg well iced, without freezing him. And the piece d'resistance strawberry cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.  I am pretty sure I have already burned the calories from mine running up and down stairs.


I was joking with my girl and told her we should make it a drinking game... ya know a shot for each time up or down.  She cracked up and told me no way... she'd be falling down drunk in 20 minutes.  She's so funny. Actually, it's not that bad, it's just that we need to get into a routine and then it will be just fine.

It wasn't supposed to accumulate snow today... I think I want to become a weather woman, seems you can be wrong most of the time and still get paid. There are several inches on the ground and it's still coming down in big fluffy snowflakes.  Now that I'm home and I have him in bed I am not worried about it.  I sure didn't enjoy driving him home in it, and I really didn't enjoy trying to get him in the house on slightly snow covered sidewalks.  Ugghhh...

Well, he's drifting back to sleep, so I am going to try and get some sleep myself.  I am beyond exhausted from the fun of these past few days.  The stress has been great.  And the nurses are coming at 9:00 am sharp... need to at least tidy the house.  Kind of dropped all his stuff in the doorway when we got home. Like I said... I'm TIRED... I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for the big day tomorrow.  I will host almost all of our kiddo's and the grand kiddo's.  Only one will be missing, and I assure you I will be missing him greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...